4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 15, 2015 8:49 AM by Vonster

Duplicate Adobe Draw Document

Vonster Level 1

OK, where did you hide the duplicate document function? Or did you NOT add that basic feature in Draw either? The fact I cannot simply figure it out in your app if it is there means your UI is not intuitive. And if it's not in the app what the hell were you thinking? How is removing that even reasonable for users? It has to be here right? Someone clue me in. I tried searching and nothing shows up.

And as long as we are talking documents how do I delete an individual drawing with a project? Can you guys get any more unintuitive with this app?

• 1. Re: Duplicate Adobe Draw Document
          stuart-mccoy Level 1

In the project panel choose the project that contains the files you want to duplicate or edit. Tap the edit icon in the upper right corner of the menu bar. Select the files you want to duplicate or delete. If you're duplicating then tap the duplicate icon which looks like two overlapping squares with a plus in the middle. If you want to delete the selected files then tap the delete icon (trash can).

• 2. Re: Duplicate Adobe Draw Document
            Vonster Level 1

Ah, victim of poor iconography by Adobe. Their "Edit" icon looks like a "Create" icon. Thank you Stuart_McCoy

• 3. Re: Duplicate Adobe Draw Document
              stuart-mccoy Level 1

Actually the pencil on notepad has long been the icon for edit in numerous apps. In fact, it has been the app icon for numerous text editors. The problem, and Adobe is to blame for perpetuating this trend, is flat design. Flat design sucks. It's easy for non-designers to do it but it's difficult, if not impossible, for them to do it right. Along the way common icons that had meaning when we used shading and fill color lost a lot, if not all, of their meaning in the transition to what passes for "modern" UI icons. Material shows some promise in rectifying the problem but it will take a lot of inertia for Apple to fix its own UI problems so app developers like Adobe can update their apps with better, more meaningful, icons.

• 4. Re: Duplicate Adobe Draw Document
                Vonster Level 1

Well said. I agree.

Sent from my Timex Sinclair 1000 from FEMA region 10.