5 Replies Latest reply on Jan 11, 2015 1:24 PM by A.T. Romano

Installation change from German to English Language

HOTELECHOMIKE Level 1

I purchased Adobe Premier Elements 13 in Germany & installed it OK (German language).  Windows 7 PC.

After initial usage & watching some of the tutorials (which of course use Premier Elements in English) I reckon it would be best to switch the user interface over to English (best would be to be able to flip between both languages as my wife is German - but she could manage English).

First of all: would it be possible to add / replace the user interface with English language?

Second: I inserted the installation DVD hoping that it might give a clue about language when installing but exited before I believed it would install anything.

Now on loading an existing project it requires that the installation DVD is inserted!

Then the project loads OK.

How do I get out of this one?

• 1. Re: Installation change from German to English Language
          A.T. Romano Level 7

hotelechomike

On what computer operating system is your Premiere Elements 13 running? For now, I will assume Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit.

Under the circumstances, I would suggest that you uninstall the program the usual Control Panel way, do a ccleaner run through to get rid of left overs from incomplete uninstalls/reinstalls, and then reinstall (using language that you want) with antivirus and firewall(s) disabled.

CCleaner - PC Optimization and Cleaning - Free Download

Please let us know if that works for you.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Installation change from German to English Language
            HOTELECHOMIKE Level 1

I think this has resolved the issue.

My system is running MS-Windows 7 SP1 64 bit.

I de-installed & ran ccleaner as suggested and then inserted the product DVD & started that.

The installation dialogue started in German language (the DVD was purchased in German & there is "Made in Germany" on the label).

However, before it actually started the installation there was an option to select a language from a small list (in same screen where one had option to change installation destination).  I selected English (North American).  The installation script then proceeded (in German - thats OK as I can manage both languages).

On starting Premiere Elements 13 it had an English language UI

I tried the Organizer and once I switched from "eLive" to "Media" it found the local albums I had previously set up.

Similarly in the Video Editor once I switched from "eLive" to "Media" I was able to open my previous projects (had to find them in my directory structure).

The only snag was that both Organizer & Video Editor failed to start unless the installation DVD was in the DVD reader.

However, after a reboot of the system this seems to have "gone away".

Many thanks for your help - I'll reconfirm in a few days that all is still OK.

HEM

• 3. Re: Installation change from German to English Language
              A.T. Romano Level 7

HEM

Thanks for the follow up with the great news that your Premiere Elements 13 language is now set as you prefer.

We will be watching for further developments as your schedules permits. The outcome will be of interest to all.

Best wishes

ATR

• 4. Re: Installation change from German to English Language
                HOTELECHOMIKE Level 1

I think we can consider this item to be satisfactorily closed

• 5. Re: Installation change from German to English Language
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

HEM

Thank you for the great news that resolution has been obtained for your issue.

We are very pleased with your success and that you took the time to let us know the outcome.

Thank you for that contribution. Appreciated by all.

Best wishes

ATR