3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 10, 2015 11:02 PM by A.T. Romano

Premiere 9: No Media Input

TheWhimsicalSort

I have a new mac book pro with retina (os x yosemit) and am trying to work on premiere elements 9. I have installed it twice, and can open the program but whenever I attempt to add a video to the project it won't show up on any of the displays (e.g. Visual display, or audio video clipping display). Also I get a message saying that the display is not the right size and needs to be adjusted, so I click 'ok' to adjust the display, but it won't do anything. Are these common issues? What can I do to get premiere to work to its full potential? I hope I have provided enough information.

Thank you!

• 1. Re: Premiere 9: No Media Input
          A.T. Romano Level 7

TheWhimsicalSort

I am strictly an Elements Windows user. I have no information to indicate that Premiere Elements 9 is compatible with your OSX Yosemite.

Often we see questions about the compatibility of Premiere Elements 10 with that computer operating system, and these threads go unanswered.

Are you working from the 9.0.1 Update of the program? You could try downloading and installing it and determine if it makes any difference in your issue.

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=4930

You can do the download and install with Premiere Elements 9 closed.

Premiere Elements 9 has known for its display issues (at least for the Windows program). In those cases, the drill was to assure that the video card/graphics card driver version was up to date according to the web site of the manufacturer of the card. If the card was up to date and the problem persisted, then the life saver was deletion of

the BadDrivers.txt file. I have no idea where that file would be in a Mac computer. In Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit

Local Disk C

Program Data

Adobe

Premiere Elements

and in the 10.0 Folder would be the BadDrivers.txt file that you would delete.

Have you looked at the display settings in your Mac computer? What are the properties that you are importing into your projects?

You may be forced to a latest version of Premiere Elements, but let us explore the what is for now.

ATR

• 2. Re: Premiere 9: No Media Input
            TheWhimsicalSort Level 1

Thank you for your response. I appreciate your feed back!

After I made the post however I did some digging and found out that the Elements 9 Mac version only extends as far out as the 10.6 version of OS X. So your first statement was true about my Mac not being compatible with Elements 9. I come from using Windows, were the operating systems don't really upgrade above and beyond the software, so I'm still getting used to Mac.

Again thank you for your response and you confirmed my research.

• 3. Re: Premiere 9: No Media Input
              A.T. Romano Level 7

TheWhimsicalSort

Thanks for the reply.

With the latest version of Premiere Elements (13), it has cut back on supported operating systems...gone are Windows XP, Windows Vista, and OSX 10.7.

If you do decide to go to latest version, please go the tryout route before purchase to assure that the program is compatible with your computer

environment and project goals.

Best wishes.

ATR