4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 11, 2015 6:51 PM by Jkal

Lightroom removes the camera metadata on import.

Jkal

Lightroom removes the camera metadata on import. It started I think when I turned on the option for finding locations through GPS data. I have since turned it off but it still wipes camera data on import. Please help.

• 1. Re: Lightroom removes the camera metadata on import.
          johnrellis Most Valuable Participant

Verify that you don't have a metadata preset being applied on import.  In the Import window, on the left hand side, expand the "Apply During Import" panel and set Metadata to None:

Untitled.png

• 2. Re: Lightroom removes the camera metadata on import.
            ssprengel Adobe Community Professional & MVP

What specifically is being removed:  lens focal-length and shutter speed or GPS location information, only? 

My 7D.2 camera’s GPS information remains intact as well as all the exposure information when I import into LR.

Are these native raw files (NEF, CR2, RAF, etc) or JPGs or DNGs or what?

• 3. Re: Lightroom removes the camera metadata on import.
              Jkal Level 1

So I don't know what happen but my photos were being put into an auto-upload folder when synced before I sorted them out. Occasionally I would start editing the photos here. At some point during that process Lightroom had asked me about auto looking up location data off the gps data. So now under metadata right where I found the camera, lens and all that information I was to find empty gps data listed. I tried removing and re adding that folder and resyncing the metadata but nothing worked. I turned off the gps setting which I thought was causing the problem but it didnt fix it. So I reloaded the photos onto my pc and put them in the proper folders and loaded them into lightroom that way. Bingo! Camera data! I dont know what really happened but I think when I changed that setting permanently caused a problem with my auto-upload folder. I will try again to load photos into Lightroom via the auto-upload folder and see if it is missing data. I will respond when I have tried that.  Thanks for all the responses.

• 4. Re: Lightroom removes the camera metadata on import.
                Jkal Level 1

camera data.pnggps data.png

The left is before the problem and the right is after the problem.