3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 19, 2007 6:02 PM by emmim44

POI [ Apache]

emmim44 Level 1

I have installed cfx_excelQuery [ into web-inf\lib\ ], and registered the tag then extracted the zip[ poi-2.5.1-final-20040804 ] into \web-inf\lib\ ...Then restarted the CF service ..still I am getting this...I am using CF server 6,1,0,63958 on windows 2000 server..

Object Instantiation Exception.
      Class not found: org.apache.poi.hssf.usermodel.HSSFWorkbook

The error occurred in D:\CFusionMX\wwwroot\1.cfm: line 12

10 : <cfscript>
      11 : fis = createObject("java", "java.io.FileInputStream").init("c:\template.xls");
      12 : wb = createObject("java", "org.apache.poi.hssf.usermodel.HSSFWorkbook").init(fis);
      13 : sheetNumber = wb.getSheetIndex("Sheet1");
      14 : fis.close();
      <cfdump var="#sheetNumber#">
        • 1. Re: POI [ Apache]
          insuractive Level 3
          I'm not sure if this helps or not, but in CFMX7 the class comes in the directory:

C:\CFusionMX7\lib instead of \web-inf\lib

you could try moving it to the corresponding directory in the CFusionMX folder for 6.1.
          • 2. Re: POI [ Apache]
            ksmith Level 1
            Hi em,
            I tested your cfscript with poi-2.5.1-final-20040804.jar installed as follows:
            in cfusionmx\lib - code works
            in cfusionmx and added to classpath in jvm.config - code works
            in cfusionmx\wwwroot\WEB-INF\lib - code works

I followed up with expanding the jar into WEB-INF\lib and the code failed, just as with yours. So, install the jar without expanding its contents and you should be good to go.
            • 3. Re: POI [ Apache]
              emmim44 Level 1
              Thank u man.

so you are suggesting me to install the jar into mx/lib folder and then change the JVM accordingly ?