3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 25, 2015 1:40 AM by KHFischbach

signing document with qualified signature of d-trust does not work anymore

KHFischbach

Hi,
      the german certificat organization D-Trust has issued a new Chipcard in December 2014 to change to latest security standards and technology.

Now, it is not anymore possible to sign documents with Adobe Acrobat Professional 11.0.10. using the "qualified signatur", according to German and EU law.
      The "advanced signature" can still be used but is not valid according to the regulations in Germany and EU.

The "qualified signature" of the old Chipcard can also still be used, but is meanwhile marked expired.

Signing .pdf documents with other software, like DigiSeal Office, is possible with the new Chipcard and the new certificates. So it is very much likely it is an issue within Adobe Acrobat.

Error Message: "The reference used is not valid" (translated from the German message).

Does anyone have an idea what the root cause for this could be?!

Karl-Heinz

• 1. Re: signing document with qualified signature of d-trust does not work anymore
          IsakTen Level 4

I suggest that you report this issue to Adobe Support.

• 2. Re: signing document with qualified signature of d-trust does not work anymore
            Steven.Madwin Adobe Employee

Hi Karl,

I'd like to get the Key Usage and Extended Key Usage values for the qualified signatur certificate. Please follow these steps:

• Select the Edit > Preferences (Windows) or Acrobat > Preferences (Mac) menu item
            • Select Signatures from the Categories list box on the Preferences dialog
            • Click the More button in the Identities & Trusted Certificates group box (it's the third More button from the top)
            • Select Digital IDs at the top of the tree view on the left of the Digital ID and Trusted Certificate Settings dialog (it should be selected by default)
            • Select (highlight) the qualified signatur certificate in the list view on the top right side of the dialog
            • Click the Certificate Details toolbar button (that's the toolbar on the dialog, not the main Acrobat toolbar)
            • Finally, please let me know what it says in the Intended Usage list. You can copy and paste the text right into the the reply to this message. I'll get it translated from German to English.

Thanks,

Steve

• 3. Re: signing document with qualified signature of d-trust does not work anymore
              KHFischbach Level 1

Hi Steve,

I followed the path you gave me.

Intended-usage: Non-Repudiation

In addition, I checked the certificate which has become expired end of 2014 but which I successfully used since it was issued. It contains the same value.

Mit freundlichenGrüßen / Kind Regards

Karl-Heinz Fischbach

Tel.: +49 (8121) 7922532

jabber: averlon@jabber.org

Signatur:

Diese e-mail ist unter Umständensigniert. Die Signatur entspricht dem Deutschen Signaturgesetz und entsprechenden europäischen Regelungen.

Important Note:

This e-mail may contain trade secrets or privileged, undisclosed orotherwise confidential information. If you have received this e-mail in error, you are hereby notified that any review, copying or distributionof it is strictly prohibited. Please inform us immediately and destroy the original transmittal.

Von: Steven.Madwin 

Gesendet: Freitag, 16. Januar 2015 04:11

An: KarlHeinz Fischbach

Betreff:  signing document with qualified signature of d-trust does not work anymore

signing document with qualified signature of d-trust does not work anymore

created by Steven.Madwin <https://forums.adobe.com/people/Steven.Madwin>  n Security & Electronic Signatures - View the full discussion <https://forums.adobe.com/message/7101352#7101352>