7 Replies Latest reply on Jan 12, 2015 2:55 PM by DdeGannes

why not have a camera profile

remcor

Recently, I am in possession of a Panasonic Lumix DCM-TZ60. If I had my RAW images, s read-in Lightroom 5.7, I see the camera calibration no camera profiles for this camera. According to the Adobe site it should be well known to lightroom vs 5.7. Should I install another plugin?

• 1. Re: why not have a camera profile
          Keith_Reeder Level 4

Not all cameras have addtional profiles in Lightroom. "Adobe Standard" will be the basic profile for your camera, and will provide support for it.

Where are the camera profiles? Not showing up in LR 4

• 2. Re: why not have a camera profile
            remcor Level 1

My Panasonic Lumix is mentioned in the latest Camera Raw plug-in list (Camera Raw-invoegtoepassing | Ondersteunde camera's). Strange that I see no profiles in lightroom

• 3. Re: why not have a camera profile
              Keith_Reeder Level 4

"Camera support" does not mean "additional camera-specific profiles".

Many cameras don't have extra profiles (which are intended to replicate the manufacturer's own in-camera "styles"), but are still supported perfectly well by Lightroom.

• 4. Re: why not have a camera profile
                JimHess Adobe Community Professional & MVP

What camera profiles do you see? If you are working with raw files then you will probably just have the Adobe Standard profile. If you are working with JPEG images you will only see "embedded".

• 5. Re: why not have a camera profile
                  remcor Level 1

Indeed. I only see Adobe Standard. I also have older photo, s of other brands cameras. My Pentax Kx (DNG format) shows Embedded, Adobe Standard, Advanced Rawstudio Profille and Pentax Kx Simple. I also have som canon foto,s. These show all profiles (landscape potret etc.).

• 6. Re: why not have a camera profile
                    JimHess Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Different brands and different models have different numbers of profiles. If you have a camera which has only an Adobe Standard profile, that is the only profile Adobe provides for that camera. There is nothing wrong, there is nothing missing. It's simply that there aren't any additional profiles provided for that camera.

• 7. Re: why not have a camera profile
                      DdeGannes Level 5

@remcor, in addition to what has been said in earlier posts and so that it is abundantly clear. Adobe creates a profile for processing raw files from each and every camera model that it supports, the name given to that profile is "Adobe Standard".

So when you are working with a raw file from a particular camera model the profile you see in the camera calibration panel and you see Adobe Standard that is the profile that is specific to your camera model.

If there are other profiles like "Camera portrait", "Camera faithful", etc these are additional profiles created by Adobe to try and match the look of jpegs produced by your camera when specific settings are chosen in camera.

For a long time only popular Nikon and Canon models were granted this special attention to have these additional profiles but support for other camera models have been included in recent times. However this usually only happens when initial support is introduced, so its unlikely that previously supported models will get any additional profiles.