2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 12, 2015 1:53 PM by Galaneu

Editing slow motion in Premiere Elements

Galaneu

Hi!

I'd like to edit a video in full HD that has a few scenes in slow motion. To do this I thought of using the 1920 x 1080 50p resolution (PAL standard) that has my camera. Alternatively, the camera also features 1920 x 1080 24p. My question is if I have to shoot all the clips in 50p or I can combine both, in other words, 24p for normal speed clips and 50p for slow motion scenes. Would there be any problems in combining the 24p and 50p clips or it would be better recording everything in 50p? I am afraid that the combination of two different frame rates generates problems in the video encoding of Premiere Elements What do you think about it?

Thanks in advance!

Galaneu

Edit/Delete Message

• 1. Re: Editing slow motion in Premiere Elements
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Galaneu

What version of Premiere Elements are you using and on what computer operating system is it running?

In the absence of that information, I will generalize. You can create slow motion in Premiere Elements in 3 ways in

Premiere Elements 11, 12, and 13

a. Time Stretch

b. Time Remapping

c. Interpret Footage

What do you want for your final export settings - 23.976/24 progressive frames per second or 50 progressive frames per second.

Are both with the same frame size, such as 1920 x 1080 or something else?

As a mini test run you could establish if you can create all your slow motion effects better within Premiere Elements instead of setting the camera to a slow motion setting to produce slow motion video.

Premiere Elements allows for one project preset. If you have more than one video format to import then you set priority, selecting one choice and fitting the other

into it. The video frame size and interlaced or progressive will be your targets in deciding the project preset.

Please review and consider. If any questions and need clarification, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Editing slow motion in Premiere Elements
            Galaneu Level 1

Hello!

Thank you for the info.

I answer your questions: I have Premiere Elements 13 and Windows 7 64 bits pro. I prefer record all the clips in 1920x1080 resolution at 50p and export at the same resolution and frame rate.

Sorry, can you explain the difference between interlaced and progressive mode? How can it affect to the final result.

Thanks again!

Galaneu