I work on a brandnew Macbook pro with lot's of HD and memory, Yosemite version.
I bought Flash CS6 for 700 dollars. It hangs, it unexpectedly quits, but worse, it corrupts the file i have been working on for an entire day. It makes it 981kb and then says it fails to open it.
I want to know where can I get some customer service from Adobe. I paid for this software and I want to be able to send a ticket to the the support so they can figure out what went wrong and if they can recover my file. The file didn't even have 70 frames yet. But each frame had a drawings with pencil that are very detailed. So hence my frustration
1. periodically save your fla file with an appended version number so that never happens to you again. eg, yourproject_01.fla, yourproject_02.fla etc. that policy (saving frequently with appended version numbers) is a good idea with all software, adobe or otherwise.
2. to prevent future crashes/hangs, reset your flash pro preferences, Re-create preferences.
3. don't force the termination of a flash save unless you have little to lose. you should allow, at least, 2 minutes or you're likely to corrupt your fla by doing that.
4. you may be able to recover your fla by renaming it to a rar and using winrar to repair it. that's a long shot but occasionally works.
5. adobe support's not likely to offer you much help, but if you want to try contact adobe support by clicking here and, when available, click 'still need help', https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html
This is too complicated. Why must i pay so much money and do all this
technical mambo jambo?
Avantia Damberg <http://www.avantiadamberg.com>
visual artist | mobile/whatsapp: +5999 5128265
(in weekends I don't reply quickly to emails)