2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 5, 2013 1:54 PM by Robert Mc Dowell

getBytesLoaded() and getBytesTotal() return nothing when loading content from another domain

gpcola
      I have created a movie that loads various media using loadMovie() and then in many cases performs actions on the newly loaded MCs once the loading is complete. I'm relying on getBytesLoaded and getBytesTotal to know when to run these actions.

This works just fine when the content is on the same server as the movie, but I also need to load content from another domain and this is where it falls apart. The media is actually loading just fine into the target MCs, but the functions that should be running when loading is complete never do. The problem is that getBytesLoaded() and getBytesTotal() both return nothing when the content is loaded from another domain.

I'm stuck with loadMovie and the getBytesLoaded/getBytesTotal check as this movie must be published for Flash Player 6, but I have actually tried using loadClip() and onLoadInit() and I get the same problem - onLoadInit() never runs.

Another weird thing is that testing by previewing in flash doesn't show this problem - the content loads fine and getBytesLoaded and getBytesTotal both return values as expected. It's only when I publish the movie and view in a browser that I have this problem.

Where am I going wrong?

Thanks!