1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 11, 2015 12:29 PM by JimHess

I have Sony camera DSC-HX400V which does not have raw program. Pls explain what can I do with jpeg only

gertler

I have Sony camera DSC-HX400V which does not have raw program. Pls explain what can I do with lightroom 5 with jpeg only

Arieh Gertler

arieh.gertler@mail.huji.ac.il

• 1. Re: I have Sony camera DSC-HX400V which does not have raw program. Pls explain what can I do with jpeg only
          JimHess Adobe Community Professional & MVP

You can do just about anything with a JPEG image that you can with a raw image. The advantage of working with raw is that it is possible to work with more extremes in exposure. More highlights and shadows can be recovered in a raw image, but there is a lot that can be done with JPEG images as well. All of the library functions and keywording and all the other features of Lightroom can be used on JPEG images just as easily as they can be used on raw images.

Having said all that, you might be more comfortable using Photoshop Elements. Both programs have trial versions that you can use for 30 days to decide which one or whether both will work for you. It would probably be to your advantage to try them out and decide for yourself.