2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 16, 2015 7:50 AM by lornaimw

CC 2014.2 settings migration

lornaimw Level 1

Hooray! I've finally updated CC.. However, following through on these procedures..migrating settings and plug-ins for After Effects CC 2014 (13.0) | After Effects region of interest

And have come across another issue.

"At the bottom of the General pane in the After Effects Preferences dialog box is a Migrate Previous Version Settings button. If you have After Effects CC (12.x) installed on the same computer, then clicking that button will give you a dialog box with an option to migrate settings from that version to After Effects CC 2014 (13.0). If you choose to migrate settings, then you need to restart After Effects for the new settings to be loaded.

The settings that are migrated include preferences, keyboard shortcuts, output module templates, composition settings, render settings, and interpretation rules."

I have just updated and all the old software is on here as I haven't touched anything, but as I try to "Migrate previous version settings" I'm told no previous versions of After Effects can be found... What on earth am I supposed to do here?! I'm updating from cc12.2.1.5. I just want my workspaces moved across from the old version!

I'm also having trouble checking/ updating the cuda supported cards? I normally manually add my own but the txt file is non existent in it's usual place. Does anyone have info on this as my research is inconclusive.

Any info is greatly appreciated. Not much of a version junkie so this is all new for me..

• 1. Re: CC 2014.2 settings migration
          Tim Kurkoski Adobe Employee

The Migrate Previous Version Settings functionality looks for preferences folders from previous versions of After Effects in your user account. You can see which folders are present by opening After Effects preferences folder; click on the Reveal Preferences In Explorer/Finder button at the bottom of the Preferences > General window.

If there are no folders here for your previous version (ex., a folder named 12.2), that is why After Effects CC 2014.2 (13.2) is reporting that it can not find preferences from a previous version. Are you using the same user account on this computer that you have used for After Effects CC (12.2)?

If such a folder does exist, please file a bug: http://adobe.com/go/wish

Regardless of the preferences migration functionality or what user account or computer generated the preferences, you can copy the Workspaces.xml file, ModifiedWorkspaces folder, and OriginalUserWorkspaces folder between the preferences folders for different versions.

I'm also having trouble checking/ updating the cuda supported cards? I normally manually add my own but the txt file is non existent in it's usual place. Does anyone have info on this as my research is inconclusive.

If your GPU is not on the list of supported GPU's for CUDA acceleration of the ray-traceed 3D renderer, you can enable After Effects to try to use untested, unsupported GPU's. In Preferences > Previews, click on the GPU Information button, then turn on the Enable Untested, Unsupported GPU... option. (This option was added in After Effects CC (12.1). Please heed the warning dialog that appears when you enable this option.)

• 2. Re: CC 2014.2 settings migration
            lornaimw Level 1

Hi Tim

Thanks for the assistance, I went in and did everything manually. That folder exists but cannot report the bug as that part of the site is broken.

The card I use is now on the list of supported cards so hooray for that!

Thanks again