4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 13, 2015 11:00 AM by Marion49

LR 5 running extremely slow on a brand new iMac

Marion49 Level 1

Hi, I just got a brand new iMac (specs will be attached on bottom) because my old pc was slowing down. I downloaded the CC LR and PS trials so I can see how the machine works, figuring it would be way faster then my old one (2009 machine, specs also on bottom). Unfortunately, LR is running much slower on my new machine and I am quite frustrated since I only bought the iMac due to performance issues with my old machine. I am hoping that it has to do with the setup and am hoping someone here can help me figure it out, or I will have to return this machine.

I really wished that I could talk with customer service, but that seems to be not an option, which makes me quite disappointed with CC and Adobe. I have the Scott Kelby LR5 book and set preferences up the way he did, but maybe I am missing something that he is not talking about. I have used LR since version LR3 and have not had any issues with it on my other machine, besides it slowing down now that I got a camera that produces bigger files sizes than my old.

Please let me know what other info I should supply. Thanks so much!Screen Shot 2015-01-12 at 3.32.58 PM.pngScreen Shot 2015-01-12 at 3.33.41 PM.png

old machine specs where LR5 is running much faster then on this brand new one

system info.JPG