3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 13, 2015 1:57 PM by A.T. Romano

MPEG 2 Activation Help

Justin_Dean Level 1

I have recently downloaded Premiere Elements 13 on Windows 8.1 64-bit computer. Today, I tried to export a 30 second video at 1080p 24 fps for the first time using the "Publish+Share" tab, (because the "Export" selection in the "File" tab was grayed-out) and a window popped up with the MPEG 2 activation code. I didn't know what it was so I just closed the window and continued with the export. When it was finished rendering, I watched the video in Window Media Player and there was no video, just audio.

I found the link to activate the code after further investigation here:

Encoder activation

My problem is that I cannot find the MPEG 2 activation code anywhere! I tried exporting the video again and every time, no video, just audio.

Is the code in a file somewhere in Premiere's documents? Can i find it within the Premiere software? Do I have to un-install and re-install Premiere Elements in order for the activation window to pop up again? PLEASE HELP!

• 1. Re: MPEG 2 Activation Help
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Justin_Dean

Premiere Elements 13 on Windows 8.1 64 bit

MPEG2 Activation is typically done behind the scenes when your program is installed on a computer which is connected to the Internet. Were you working with an Internet connection for your computer when you received the MPEG2 Activation message?

You do not have to run the program with an Internet connection but you do need it for program activation and for some feature only when they are used for the first time and also for some Online

Did you try the export again but this time followed the directions after you received the MPEG2 Activation message?

ATR

• 2. Re: MPEG 2 Activation Help
            Justin_Dean Level 1

I did install Premiere with and Internet connection, and I received the message when I was connected to the Internet. I tried to export again but the message never came back.

• 3. Re: MPEG 2 Activation Help
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Justin_Dean

Thanks for the reply.

When you wrote "I tried to export again but the message never came back.", does that mean that your issue is resolved, that is,

no MPEG2 Activation message and a successful export to file saved to the computer hard drive?

If so, great news. If that is not the case, what situation are you in now with regard to the message and the export choice.

Also, please remind me if you have the latest version of QuickTime installed on your computer with Premiere Elements and if

you are running the programs as Administrator.

Thanks in advance for the requested clarification.

ATR