1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 12, 2015 8:21 PM by A.T. Romano

Can't install adobe premiere elements 13. Help!

Perry's_Hotter

I bought a digital download of adobe premiere elements a few days ago from amazon. After roughly 14 hours of downloading it I clicked to install it but failed at 2% so I looked up the error summary  installer does not support installation on a 64-Bit Windows operating system. Please download the 64-Bit version of Premiere Elements. So I did some troubleshooting and rebooted the computer. That did not work. I tried uninstalling adobe air, but I didn't even have it to begin with, so I downloaded it and it still did not work. I tried downloading it again and still not work. Last thing I tried was downloading the 64 bit trial, but when I went to setup I got the error, installer failed to initialize. This could be due to a missing file. Please download Adobe support adviser to detect the problem. But it is no longer available for download which lead me to troubleshooting again and now to here.

• 1. Re: Can't install adobe premiere elements 13. Help!
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Perry's_Hotter

What is your computer operating system as well as 32 or 64 bit.

Be advised that Premiere Elements 13 does not support Windows XP, Windows Vista, or OSX 10.7. If those operating systems are involved, that is your problem and Premiere Elements 13 is not for you with those operating systems.

If you received the message and you were using a Premiere Elements 13 supported operating system

Please download the 64-Bit version of Premiere Elements.

That leads me to believe that you selected the 32 bit instead of the 64 bit files for the download. The remedy for that would have been to arrange to download the 64 bit version and get rid of the 32 bit download.

Also, please download and install the program with antivirus and firewall(s) disabled.

Do you have a purchased serial number from Amazon.

You should be able to download and install the tryout from Adobe and insert your purchased serial number in it. Back to the supported operating system angle...

I have found that the download sources let you download to Windows XP, but you cannot install Premiere Elements 13.

Please review the above and let us know what applies to your situation.

ATR