2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 12, 2015 9:31 PM by A.T. Romano

How do I get the software to only recognize the edited portion?

flifaflafa@gmail.com

I uploaded a 17 minute video and edited it down to 2 minutes.  I am trying to post it to YouTube but the software still thinks that the video is 17 minutes long.  I have changed my YouTube setting to allow more than a 15 minute video but I am still stuck because it won't upload as it thinks it's too long.  How do I make it only recognize the edited portion?

• 2. Re: How do I get the software to only recognize the edited portion?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

flifaflafa

What version of Premiere Elements are you using and on what computer operating system is it running?

Since you are specifically asking about doing this as an upload to YouTube from within the Premiere Elements YouTube feature, let me

give you details as specific as possible for what you asked.

Assuming Premiere Elements 13 on Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit as the model.

Two requirements are required to export selectively a Timeline segment

a. Setting the gray tabs of the Work Area Bar to span just the segment to be exported

and

b. Having a check mark next the option "Share Work Area Bar Only" in the YouTube export area.

To set the gray tabs of the Work Area Bar in the Edit area, use the shortcuts.

Move the Timeline Indicator to the start of the segment and, as you hold down the Alt key of the computer main keyboard, hit the left

bracket key [

Move the Timeline Indicator to the end of the segment and, as you hold down the Alt key of the computer main keyboard, hit the right

bracket key ]

YouTube.JPG

Any questions or need details specific for another version, please let us know. Principles remain the same - features sometimes

get moved around.

ATR