5 Replies Latest reply on Jan 15, 2015 2:57 PM by A.T. Romano

One track instead of rows of images

H2O4 Level 1

I noticed that you have on track to work with, which makes it difficult to work with with a large slide show or movie.

Is it possible to view your images in rows to better move your images around?

• 1. Re: One track instead of rows of images
          A.T. Romano Level 7

H2O4

What version of Premiere Elements are you using and on what computer operating system is it running?

And in what workspace are you looking

a. Expert or Quick for Premiere Elements 11, 12, or 13

b. Timeline or Sceneline for Premiere Elements 10 and earlier

The Expert or Timeline workspace offers 99 tracks. The default is 3. You can add tracks and hide and unhide tracks. Tracks in later

versions exist in an opened and unopened state.

All of the above is being mentioned since I am not clear on what you are after.

Are you saying that if you had 300 stills you want to be able to see all 300 in rows all at one time when you view your slideshow

which is on Video Track 1? Under those circumstances in versions such as 11, 12, or 13, the number of stills that you would see all at one time would be influenced

at least by the zoom in/zoom out settings as well as those of the "Fit To Visible Timeline" option.

Please explain and/or confirm the information that you seek.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: One track instead of rows of images
            H2O4 Level 1

I am working on 13. Very new on this program, but I do like some of the features.

I use Movie maker by Microsoft and it show me all the images in rows, so I can follow the storyline. Let say, I see an image later is the storyline (sequence of images) that needs to go in the beginning. I can just move it up to the first row and visa versa.

Premiere as one long string where I have to drag the image to the beginning on Video two or track to find where I need to insert it then drag it

between two images.

Hope that make sense?

• 3. Re: One track instead of rows of images
              A.T. Romano Level 7

H2O4

Your comparison of the Premiere Elements situation with the Movie Maker workspace clarifies what you seek.

There is no way to get the Movie Maker workspace look in Premiere Elements.

Expert workspace - tracks left to right and right to left - of course you can build on the track 99 tracks (default 3).

Quick workspace - filmstrip with scene spaces left to right and right to left.

There are a few Timeline maneuvers that you could consider, examples

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE12/12.1: Timeline Playback Auto-Scrolling

a. Home key to get to beginning of Timeline

b. Enk key to get to last item on Timeline

c. altering zoom in zoom out level

d. use of the Fit to Visible Timeline option

e. exploring some of the Timeline scroll options

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE12/12.1: Timeline Playback Auto-Scrolling

Also when you add a file to an existing Timeline, holding down the Alt key of the computer main keyboard

as you make the addition can avoid disturbances in the existing TImeline. There are way to group media

for mass movement. See Clip Menu/ Group or Ungroup.

Just some miscellaneous thoughts.

ATR

• 4. Re: One track instead of rows of images
                H2O4 Level 1

Thanks very much for your time and information.

• 5. Re: One track instead of rows of images
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

H2O4

Please do not hesitate to ask questions and to ask for clarification.

If you are new to Premiere Elements and video editing, lots to learn about video editing and Premiere Elements.

On the other side of things, if you are used to another video editor and want to switch to Premiere Elements, often

it is hard switching from techniques to which you have become accustom to new ways.

Whatever the case, we are glad for the opportunity to be of assistance.

Best wishes

ATR