4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 14, 2015 11:39 AM by alexswhite

Problem getting images in ePub to appear correctly for Nook

alexswhite Level 1

I have been working on a book that is about 250 pages long in print format, with about 350 photographs that illustrate the text, which is a guide to the use of a particular digital camera model. After watching Anne-Marie Concepcion's course at Lynda.com and also using the book by Sandee Cohen and Diane Burns, Digital Publishing with Adobe InDesign CC, I was able to export the book successfully in ePub and mobi formats. The ePub looks fine in iBooks and the mobi looks fine in the Kindle apps. But I have not been able to get the images to appear properly when I preview the ePub for the Nook. I have tried every combination of export and conversion settings I could think of, but the images either look too large and distorted as if squeezed, or, if I use the CSS Size-Fixed option, the images look tiny, much too small to see details (though they will expand if clicked on).  I eventually uploaded it through Nookpress.com to see if their conversion would help, but the book recently went on sale there, and when I downloaded it to check, the images did not appear at all. The same thing happens when I use the Preview function at the nookpress.com site; the screen shows broken link icons for all images.

I cannot think of anything else to do.  Can anyone provide me with any suggestions for how to proceed, short of hiring an expert?  Most of the images are 1800 pixels wide and roughly 1200 pixels tall in the InDesign document, with a resolution of 600 ppi. As noted above, I have tried all different combinations of the Use Existing Image for Graphic Objects, Preserve Appearance from Layout, CSS Size-Fixed, CSS Size Relative to Text Flow, and others, with no success.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Here is a link to a Dropbox folder that has the file I uploaded to Nook Press. In this one, the images don't show up all:  Dropbox - Panasonic Lumix LX100 Version for Nook