A chat session where an agent may remotely look inside your computer may help
Creative Cloud chat support (all Creative Cloud customer service issues)
thanks John, I'll try this.
I am also having a similar problem. If there is a general fix please post it.
Nobody can tell you anything without proper system info or other technical details. There simply are no general fixes, it always comes down to the details.
1 person found this helpful
I logged onto an online chat with Adobe support.
I was instructed to de-install Adobe Cloud using the de-installer found in Applications/Utilities/Adobe Creative Cloud/Utils/Creative Cloud Uninstaller (there is an alias in Applications/Adobe Creative Cloud).
After de-installing CC, I was instructed to download and run AdobeCreativeSuiteCleanerTool with a link that was provided in the chat (I can't find it on the Adobe website, but I did find this Use the CC Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems | CC, CS3-CS6, it looks like the routine I followed with the support guy) I didn't back-up my CC Applications, and was able to select "Creative Cloud" from a dropdown menu (looks like it may have been an "enterprise" version, the version number was 184.108.40.206, which apparently cleans only CC from the system.
After running the cleaner, re-installing Creative Cloud from the Creative Cloud installer: Download Adobe Creative Cloud apps | Free Adobe CC trial, and then restarting my computer everything is back to normal.
OK, after the fix above fixed my problem with the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop application not starting for a while, ...the old problem began again.
I just got off the phone with an Adobe tech. and fixed the problem anew.
This is what we did:
I removed the two items that were in the folder "InputManagers", located in the root of the System Library (not the user Library). That was it.
The file path:
Now the grayed out cloud icon no longer appears for a moment in the command bar and then disappears, failing to launching the Creative Cloud Desktop application.
The tech. also told me to remove "AAMUpdater" and "OOBE" from the user Library, which initially had no effect on this problem, but may be relevant to the fix.
Mac OS 10.10.3 (problem started some time after upgrading to Yosemite)