4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 14, 2015 9:56 AM by Hardcrab

How do I keep Premiere Elements 13 from freezing up upon startup?

Hardcrab Level 1

I g

Problem Event Name:    APPCRASH

Application Name:    PhotoshopElementsOrganizer.exe

Application Version:    13.0.0.0

Application Timestamp:    540242fd

Fault Module Name:    QtGui4.dll

Fault Module Version:    4.8.1.0

Fault Module Timestamp:    5402397f

Exception Code:    c0000005

Exception Offset:    00000000003cf7f0

OS Version:    6.3.9600.2.0.0.256.48

Locale ID:    1033

Additional Information 1:    5730

Additional Information 2:    5730860b87b09b250db5178b5966f385

Additional Information 3:    234b

Additional Information 4:    234bb59fdaa0a96c0afd31066f7fd5cb

Read our privacy statement online:

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=280262

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:

C:\WINDOWS\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

et the following error message:

• 1. Re: How do I keep Premiere Elements 13 from freezing up upon startup?
          whsprague Level 4

ATR will ask you what your computer system is, how you installed PrE and other details.  Then he will tell you it is a user forum, that "we" don't have access to Adobe technical support and then what to do.  Me?  I don't have a clue because you didn't provide anything useful!

• 2. Re: How do I keep Premiere Elements 13 from freezing up upon startup?
            Hardcrab Level 1

I have windows 8.1 on a lenovo W700  and adobe premiere elements 13 was

updated from older version via dvd.  It appears from the error message that

"elements organizer"  is the cause of the freeze up (error with

QtGui4.dll.   Does this give you any useful info?

• 3. Re: How do I keep Premiere Elements 13 from freezing up upon startup?
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Hardcrab

Thank you for the follow up. I customize all my replies to the particular situation presented. Whatever I ask has one intent, that is, to get to the core of the issue so that you can move forward with your Premiere Elements projects.

Premiere Elements 13 on Windows 8.1 (assumed 64 bit).

1. When does this freezing occur - you say at startup - is that

a. When you are in the Welcome Screen and click Organizer

b. When you are in the Welcome Screen and click on Video and then either New Project and Existing Projects

c. Other?

2. Since your report implicated the Elements Organizer, let us start by deleting the Elements Organizer settings file found in the path

Local Disk C

Users

Owner

AppData

Adobe

Elements Organizer

Organizer

and in the Organizer Folder is the psa.prf file that you delete or disable by renaming it from psa.prf to psa.prfOLD.

Be sure to be working with Folder Option Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives enabled so that you can see the complete path.

In Windows 8.1, Folder Options dialog is gotten to via File Explorer.

3. How would you describe this problem -

It worked before but not now

or

It never worked before

4. Then the generic questions...

Does the problem exist with and without the antivirus and firewall(s) disabled?

Are you working as Administrator for your computer?

Do you have the latest version of QuickTime installed on your computer?

Are you working with a pen and tablet device or a mouse.

But when you get right down to it, this is not a new problem.

The good and bad news is that this particular error syndrome apparently is not unique to Elements Organizer 13 and

was seen as at least in Elements Organizer 12/12.1. And, no resolution found so far as of 6 months ago.

http://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/photoshop_elements_causes_werfaults_ and_crashes

PSE 12 crashes randomly and frequently

I will see if I can find a post claiming resolution of the issue by a user or Adobe Staff.

A just in case mention..Photoshop Elements 13 and Premiere Elements13 are each standalone programs, each coming with

an Elements Organizer 13. When they are on the same computer, the share the same Elements Organizer 13.

I am tempted to ask you to go for an uninstall, free ccleaner run through, reinstall with antivirus and firewall(s) disabled. But

because of the history with this issue, I need to do more checking up on what Adobe has released on this with regard to cause

and effect. I have Photoshop Elements 12/12.1/Premiere Elements 12/12.1/Elements Organizer 12/12.1 and Photoshop Elements 13/Premiere Elements 13/

Elements Organizer 13, and have not run into this issue.

Please review and consider. I will comment further on this in the morning.

ATR

• 4. Re: How do I keep Premiere Elements 13 from freezing up upon startup?
                Hardcrab Level 1

Thank you for your timely, informative and helpful effort for the solution

of my freeze-up problem.   It will take a little time for me to address

your suggestions but will start right away.   Thanks for your kind support.

On Wed, Jan 14, 2015 at 12:06 AM, A.T. Romano <forums_noreply@adobe.com>