3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 14, 2015 11:01 AM by A.T. Romano

CTI stops early

vdifronzo Level 1

Hello -

My CTI has a short purple/blue line extending from the bottom point of the CTI to the right and it extends 1 tick mark on the timeline.

This prevents the CTI from travelling through the very last tic on the timeline.

Any ideas what might have caused this, or more importantly, how to turn it off?

• 1. Re: CTI stops early
          A.T. Romano Level 7

vdifronzo

What version of Premiere Elements are you using and on what computer operating system is it running?

From your description, I am not sure of your situation.

It could be because of your setting for "Timeline Playback Auto Scrolling" in Edit Menu/Preferences/General where the options

are No Scroll, Page Scroll, and Smooth Scroll. This is all described in the following link

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE12/12.1: Timeline Playback Auto-Scrolling

So, I would ask you to go to Edit Menu/Preferences/General and tell us what is set for Timeline Playback Auto Scrolling.

Also, is your Edit Menu/Project Settings/General's Display Format set for Drop-Frame TImecode or Frames?

Can you post a screenshot for what you are describing

My CTI has a short purple/blue line extending from the bottom point of the CTI to the right and it extends 1 tick mark on the timeline.

Right now the only thing that I see closely resembling what you are describing involves...using Frames and having the Timeline expanded maximally so that

you can see a frame by frame move. But that would not explain the part about this preventing movement of the CTI across the Timeline content.

And, that would show the blue line at the top of the CTI and not the bottom.

CTI.JPG

Please review and consider and supply more details.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: CTI stops early
            vdifronzo Level 1

Thanks ATR,

I'm using PE12, Windows 8.1

The CTI does move across the timeline. I probably wasn't crystal clear about that.

It's only stopping at 1 tick before the very end.

Now I'm starting to wonder if it did that all along, but I don't recall that being the case.

Your image above has that 1-tick purplish line too.

I'm set to Page Scroll

My Display Format is 24fps Timecode.

Everything runs just fine, I'm just questioning why the CTI stops 1 tick before the end.

I thought I remember it travelling through to the very end of the clip

Here's a quick screenshot.

Screenshot 2015-01-14 12.06.31.png

• 3. Re: CTI stops early
              A.T. Romano Level 7

vdifronzo

Thanks for that great screenshot.

I am going after several variables to try to explain why your Timeline Indicator is stopping at the beginning of the last frame and not at the end of the last frame.

At the moment my attention is shifting from Timeline Playback Auto Scrolling options to an icon above the Timeline named "Fit Content To Visible Timeline" and the zoom in/zoom out being set to max zoom in.

Please look at where the Timeline Indicator is stopping when you have the max zoom in coupled with with and without "Fit Content To Visible Timeline" selected. I did those tests using the No Scroll Timeline Playback Auto Scrolling option.

Let us see if you can find the connection between those features and your results.

On a side note, have you run into the situation described in the following for Premiere Elements 13 and Timeline Work Area Bar behavior?

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1610829

We will be watching for further developments.

ATR