3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 14, 2015 2:46 PM by A.T. Romano
      • 1. Re: i'm new to premier elements 13 - i have bee watching a few tutorials - on making a slideshow i cannot see a way to switch between timeline and scene line
        A.T. Romano Level 7

cogi

I suspect that you are watching tutorials which are not being demo'd with Premiere Elements 11, 12, or 13.

Premiere Elements 10 and earlier has the workspaces of Timeline and Sceneline. Premiere Elements 11, 12, and 13 counterparts

are Expert and Quick respectively.

In your Premiere Elements 13, click on the Expert tab or Quick tab.

There has been a dramatic change in the workspace Premiere Elements 10 and earlier versus Premiere Elements 11, 12, and 13.

In the following screenshot Expert is selected in the row of headers at the top of the workspace.

Expert.JPG

In some countries outside of the United States, you may not have eLive in the above headers.

Please review and consider and then let us know if you have questions or need clarification on the above.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: i'm new to premier elements 13 - i have bee watching a few tutorials - on making a slideshow i cannot see a way to switch between timeline and scene line
          cogi Level 1

thanks for replying - your screen shot is what im looking at in expert mode - still cant see how to switch between timelie and scene mode though - - as i said im new to this - and you were correct im lookin at older tutorials where there seems to be tabs above the timeline to switch between the modes - still cant see how i can do that - more help would be much appreciated - thanks again - cogi

• 3. Re: i'm new to premier elements 13 - i have bee watching a few tutorials - on making a slideshow i cannot see a way to switch between timeline and scene line
            A.T. Romano Level 7

cogi

Thanks for the reply. Let us see if the following screenshots will give you a better idea of what to expect in the Premiere Elements 13 workspaces.

Remember, the workspaces for versions 11, 12, and 13 are very similar but drastically different in what you saw in Premiere Elements 10 and earlier.

In Premiere Elements 13, you click on the Expert header in the row of headers that reads left to right eLive, Quick, Guided, and Expert.

The Expert workspace when selected presents as seen in the first screenshot

PREMIERE ELEMENTS 13 EXPERT WORKSPACE

ExpertExplanation13.JPG

The Premiere Elements 13 Expert workspace would be the counterpart of the Premiere Elements 10 Timeline workspace

when you clicked on Timeline at the top left of the Timeline workspace.In 10, there are no headers at the top of the

workspace to click on. This second screenshot shows the Premiere Elements 10 Timeline workspace when you click on

Timeline instead of Sceneline tab right next to it.

PREMIERE ELEMENTS 10 TIMELINE WORKSPACE

Timeline10.JPG

If you want to go from the Premiere Elements 13 Expert workspace to its Quick workspace, you click on Quick in the

list of headers that read eLive, Quick, Guided, and Expert. Premiere Elements 10 Sceneline workspace would be the counterpart

of the Premiere Elements 13 Quick workspace. The Premiere Elements 13 Quick workspace would present as shown in

the third screen shot when you click on Quick at the top of the Premiere Elements 13 workspace.

PREMIERE ELEMENTS 13 QUICK WORKSPACE

Quick13.JPG

The Premiere Elements 13 Quick workspace would be the counterpart of the Premiere Elements 10 Sceneline workspace.

The Premiere Elements 10 Sceneline workspace is shown in the fourth screenshot after clicking on the Sceneline choice

at the top left of the Timeline.

PREMIERE ELEMENTS 10 SCENELINE WORKSPACE

Sceneline 10.JPG

Please focus on video tutorials for 11, 12, or 13 (preferably 13) until you are OK with the program features for 13.

Please review and consider and then let us know if you are now OK with the information. If no OK, then please

tell me what I need to clarify.

Thanks.

ATR