2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 28, 2007 10:17 AM by kglad

where to find the script

bigshadow
      Hello,

I'm a newbie so please dont laugh, I'm trying to learn by example. i have a sample code downloaded from the web. when I click a button it goes to a page, i'm trying to find the code that controls the action of this button. I have looked under actions for that button but the script is not there.
      I can create a button of my own to perform the same action, but as part of my learning process I need to find where the code in my sample application is. Please help. thanks
        • 1. Re: where to find the script
          aniebel Level 2
          Hello back...

Check out Flash Help. There's a wealth of information in there. You can do a search for Button and look in the books for tutorials to find what you're looking for. Trust me... the Help is the fastest way to get answers. I find that I often learn a few other things in the process of finding my answer. :)

So, back to your question:

• 2. Re: where to find the script
            kglad Adobe Community Professional & MVP
            click window and tick actions. that will open the actions panel if the flash program. find a frame that contains that button. click on an spot off-stage and then click on the button. you may see code in the actions panel that control that button's behavior. if not, look in the properties panel (window/properties/tick properties) for the instance name of that button. now search for code attached to a frame/layer that references that instance name.