3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 16, 2015 8:40 AM by A.T. Romano

When I render my project to a NTSC file for Computer play back, the audio is not rendered and the file has no sound. How do I fix it?

richards69198030

I build my project using videos and photos and I add sound at the end for a few photos. I then render the project to a NTSCDVD Standard file so I can play it on a Computer. Once the file is rendered and I play it, there is no sound at all. I am using Premiere Elements 13, recently installed on 12/29/2015. Previously, I had a trial copy and before I could uninstall it, it disappeared. I don't know if that had any thing to do with my full version.

• 1. Re: When I render my project to a NTSC file for Computer play back, the audio is not rendered and the file has no sound. How do I fix it?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

richardson

On what computer operating system is your Premiere Elements 13 running? For now I will assume Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit.

What are the properties of your source video and photos and what project preset did you (manually) or the project (automatically) set as the project preset

to match those source properties? In this regard, please tell us the readings that you see under Edit Menu/Project Settings/General

Editing Mode

Timebase

Frame Size

Pixel Aspect Ratio

even if the fields look grayed out.

What is your choice under Publish+Share/Computer/ which is using the NTSC DVD Standard preset? Are you using Publish+Share/Computer/MPEG with the NTSC DVD Standard preset? If so, are you using the default export settings or customizing them in anyway under the Advanced Button/Video Tab or Audio Tab? If you export your Timeline to Publish+Share/Computer/QuickTime with a preset = NTSC DV, does your file have sound in the export with your player?

What are you using as the player for this export?

Let us start here and then decide what next?

Thanks.

ATR

• 2. Re: When I render my project to a NTSC file for Computer play back, the audio is not rendered and the file has no sound. How do I fix it?
            richards69198030 Level 1

Thank for your reply.

Windows 7 OS

Source Video Properties;

Video Format .mts(MPEG I think)

Frame size 1920X1080

Data rate 442Kbps

Total Bitrate 4698Kbps

Frame rate 29.9 Fps

Audio Bitrate 256Kbps

Channels 2

Sample rate

48khz

Automatic presets

Readings under Edit Menu/Project Settings/General

Editing mode HD 1080i

Time base 29.97Fps

Frame size 1920X1080

Pixel aspect Ratio Square pixels (1.0)

Aspect ratio 4:5

Choice under Publish/Share Playback on Computer/DVD

No option for Quicktime.

Using all defaults. No changes

The rendered Video will play back if I insert it on the Elements Time line.

When playing back using Windows Media player, the Video is choppy and there is no sound.

I was using A Premiere Elements 13 trial at first ant then I purchased a Boxed Registered version Before I started this project. The trial files disappeared and every so often the Program ask for the Program Disk to be inserted. I usually use Premiere Pro. 2.0, but it does not support .mts files and trying to convert files is a very large pian.

thanks

rich

• 3. Re: When I render my project to a NTSC file for Computer play back, the audio is not rendered and the file has no sound. How do I fix it?
              A.T. Romano Level 7

richards

Most immediate to clear up. You wrote

Choice under Publish/Share Playback on Computer/DVD

No option for Quicktime.

Please go to Publish+Share/Computer/. From your description, I am assuming that you selected Publish+Share/Computer/MPEG.

Please verify if you are not seeing QuickTime choice or whether it is just not there. There is a scroll bar to the right of the choices under Computer.

QuickTime is further down the list if it is there. If it is not there, then you need to install the latest version of QuickTime on your computer

with Premiere Elements 13.

Please let me know the results of that.

If you do have QuickTime and its presets, try for a QuickTime export and then let us know if you have the same audio problem that you had with the MPEG export.

If you need help with the project preset or the export settings for your specific project, please let me know and I will suggest the settings to use for best results.

Thanks.

ATR