1 Reply Latest reply on May 6, 2006 10:08 AM by SoCalMX

Problem with FLVPlayback

SoCalMX
      Noob question here. I've put together something that lets a user view either movies (FLV's) or a slideshow. The first time through the video portion everything works well. If the user is viewing videos and then chooses to view the slidewhow, I remove the FLVPlayback component and display the slideshow. If they then choose to look at the videos again, I reexecute the following code. The second time through it doesn't work:

//User wants to see a video - Display FLVPlayback and set the skin
      btn_WatchVideo.onRelease = function() {
      attachMovie("FLVPlayback", "my_FLVPlybk", getNextHighestDepth(), {_width:320, _height:240, x:389, y:226});
      my_FLVPlybk.skin = "file:///C|/Program Files/Macromedia/Flash 8/en/Configuration/Skins/ClearExternalPlaySeekMute.swf";
      };

//Which video do they want to see? - Set contentPath
      btn_PlayVidOne.onRelease = function() { //Button One
      my_FLVPlybk.contentPath = "file:///C|/Documents and Settings/HP_Administrator/My Documents/My Videos/VidOne.flv";
      };

btn_PlayVidTwo.onRelease = function() { //Button Two
      my_FLVPlybk.contentPath = "file:///C|/Documents and Settings/HP_Administrator/My Documents/My Videos/VidOne.flv";
      };

This works fine (at first). The user can select Button 1 and VidOne plays; they select Button 2 and VidTwo plays, select Button 1 again and VidOne plays again. This works fine until I clear what is on the screen by using unloadMovie("my_FLVPlybk"). After that, if I drop back through the above code, attachMovie no longer loads the FLVPlayback component. Any ideas as to what I am doing wrong or suggestions for a better approach to this one? Is unloadMovie not the correct way to get rid of my_FLVPlybk?

Thanks,

Mark
        • 1. Re: Problem with FLVPlayback
          SoCalMX Level 1
          Let me try this again...

I successfully display a .flv using the following:

attachMovie("FLVPlayback", "my_FLVPlybk", getNextHighestDepth(), {_width:320, _height:240, x:389, y:226});
          my_FLVPlybk.skin = "file:///C|/Program Files/Macromedia/Flash 8/en/Configuration/Skins/ClearExternalPlaySeekMute.swf";

After using unloadMovie: unloadMovie("my_FLVPlybk");, the above code will no longer attach FLVPlayback to the stage again.

Any ideas?

Thanks.