• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Underscore in CHM-file

New Here ,
Mar 01, 2007 Mar 01, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to link to a remote topic in a chm file that contains an underscore but the link will not work (I get a topic not fond error). If I remove the underscore in the chm filename there is no problem with the link. Unfortunately I can't rename the files (they are from another company). Does anyone have an idea what I can do to make the link work?
Annika

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 01, 2007 Mar 01, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Annika and welcome to our community

Based on what you have told us, I see no other option but to simply make a copy of the offending .CHM file. Rename the copy so it doesn't have the underscore and link instead to the copy.

Just a thought... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2007 Mar 02, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thank you (unfortunately I don't think I can contribute much since I've only used the program for a short time...).
I tried to rename the files but then the links within these files no longer worked...
Myfile.chm links to theirfile_1.chm and theirfile_2.chm (and about 50 other files with an underscore...). I rename theirfile_1.chm to theirfile1.chm and link to it. The link takes me to theirfile1.chm but that file links to theirfile_2 .chm and so on. And that's when the links stops working...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp