6 Replies Latest reply on Feb 28, 2007 11:30 AM by kglad

Flash Project not playing when users go to site

em_shomer
      Alright heres my problem. I have a large flash website, that was originally a template and I added to it. I have been able to upload it to my server, but there is at least several minutes wait time before the preloader came up. So in an effort to fix this I created a Master file with 10 frames total. on the first keyframe I have "Loading Site" in plain letters. I have the actionscript on keyframe 1 and I have the main movie(masterP.swf) loading into level 20, preloader.swf loading into level 50 and trigger.swf loading into level 5.
      here is the actionscript on frame 1:
      stop();
      //-----------------------<MCL>------------------------\\
      var myMCL:MovieClipLoader = new MovieClipLoader();
      var myListener:Object = new Object();

myMCL.addListener(myListener);

myListener.onLoadProgress = function(target_mc:MovieClip, loadedBytes:Number,totalBytes:Number) {
      _level50._visible = true;
      var preloadPercent:Number = Math.round((loadedBytes / totalBytes) *100);
      _level50.preloader.gotoAndStop(preloadPercent);
      _level50.preloadInfo1.text = preloadPercent + " % loaded";
      _level50.preloadInfo2.text = Math.round(loadedBytes/1000) + " k loaded / " + Math.round(totalBytes/1000) + " k total";
      }

myListener.onLoadComplete = function(target_mc:MovieClip) {
      _level50._visible = false;
      }
      //-------------------</MCL>---------------------------\\
      //triggers the MCL to load these assets
      myMCL.loadClip("trigger.swf", 5);
      myMCL.loadClip("preloader.swf", 50);

here is the actionscript on frame 10:

stop();
      myMCL.loadClip("masterP.swf", 20);

The biggest issue is when the user goes to that website it almost seems as though the movie is sitting on Frame 1"loading Site" and doesnt even reach the preloader, then when i hit the back button and go foward the preloader is there, just looping in place not really loading. oh yeah I have two dynamic fields on the preloader, and it is supposed to have loading info in them, but they do not even show up. Not sure what I should do. I am uploading with Dreamweaver MX, I am using Flash 8, the original file was flashmx I believe.