5 Replies Latest reply on Jan 15, 2015 2:47 PM by Mµnke¥

I can't get photoshop to record a curve adjustment layer preset.

Mµnke¥

I am trying to record an action on a colleague's machine that has a custom curve setting but cant seem to get it to stick as a playable action step. He has one of the new trashcans (Mac Pro) with a system version of 10.9.4 and photoshop version of 2014.2.2. I am able to do it on my machine by recording the addition of the curve adjustment layer then selecting a pre-created curve preset. I am running Photoshop 2014.0.0. This does not work on his machine....quite maddening. Any ideas?

• 1. Re: I can't get photoshop to record a curve adjustment layer preset.
          JJMack Most Valuable Participant

Did you set up the custom setting as a preset on all machines  that will be using the action the loads the curves preset?

How did you record the Levels adjustment?

Did you add an adjustment layer or just use levels?

If you  added an adjustment layer two step are recorded in newer versions of Photoshop.  First step add the adjustment layer the second step setsl adjustment settings.  The recording of the adjustment setting is delayed till  you commit the adjustment  by doing the next action step.  How the add adjustment layer plays back can vary for Adobe introduced bugs in CS4 adding the Adjustment Panel they included two option that can change how Photoshop operates. And Actions and Scripts can not control or access these options.

• 2. Re: I can't get photoshop to record a curve adjustment layer preset.
            Mµnke¥ Level 1

Thank you for your response.

Initial I loaded the curve preset onto each machine my adding it to the user/library/application support/Adobe/Adobe Photoshop CC 2014/Presets/Curves/Curves folder. I then had him begin recording the action. First step was to add a curve adjustment layer. Photoshop recorded this step. I had him load the curve into the Preset portion of the curve properties window. I then had him select another layer so it would commit the curve setting. It only recorded the selection of the other layer, not the actual preset. The maddening part is that I can get this to work on my machine, just not his. The only thing I can think of right now is that he has a slightly newer version of photoshop.

• 3. Re: I can't get photoshop to record a curve adjustment layer preset.
              JJMack Most Valuable Participant

Reset Photoshop preferences and tools on the machine that is not working and make sure all updates are installed for that system and Photoshop.

• 4. Re: I can't get photoshop to record a curve adjustment layer preset.
                Mµnke¥ Level 1

Done and done....still nothing.

• 5. Re: I can't get photoshop to record a curve adjustment layer preset.
                  Mµnke¥ Level 1

Sooo I found a way around. I just ended up re-recording the curve move on my machine and instead of loading a preset I just set the values directly in the curve. It took. I thought I tried that initially when I created the action which was some time ago. I then had him reload the action and all is well. (Except he still cant record adjustment layer inputs)

Thanks for your responses!