• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trouble installing Adobe Player

New Here ,
Jan 14, 2015 Jan 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Win 7 64 bit.  I downloaded the latest Flash Player.  When I try to install it, nothing happens.  No window, nothing.  When I try to run it again, I get a "Only a single instance of this application can run" message.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 15, 2015 Jan 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Please try using the offline installer posted at the bottom of the Installation problems | Flash Player | Windows, in the 'Still having problems' section.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2015 Jan 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I restrted and tried running the installer again.   Same result.

Then I tried going to that page, and I clicked on the link that says

and it just sends me back to that page.  Is this what I'm supposed to click on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 16, 2015 Jan 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

No, that's not correct.  I'm not sure why that link redirects back to the same page.  I'll follow-up on this.  You want to click on one of the Flash Player for <browser type> links.  If you have Internet Explorer and Firefox, you'll want to download and install both.  Opera isn't widely used, but if you have Opera, you an also download the installer for Opera.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Chrome, but I was told the internal Falsh in Chrome is not that good.  Tru?  I currently have it disabled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

There is nothing wrong with the internal version of Flash Player in Chrome.  It receives the same development and testing cycles as the non-embedded version. Google is actually in the process of deprecating the NPAPI plugin, which is the non-embedded version.  The embedded version is the PPAPI plugin.  So, sometime towards the end of the year (unless their time-line changes), NPAPI plugins will no longer work in Chrome.

References:

and lots more on the web about this.

I have also escalated the issue with the circular redirect of the Win 7 help page.  It shoul be resolved soon.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2015 Jan 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i am trying to install Adobe flash and reader and get the same result. No window. uac asks for permission,then nothing. If I try again I get only one instance allowed. The process is running, but fails to start anything that I see, other than take up memory. this is on a fully up to date windows 7 home premium.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 23, 2015 Jan 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Jeisom,

Please try using the offline installer, corresponding with the browser(s) you use, posted at the bottom of the Installation problems | Flash Player | Windows., in the 'Still having problems' section.

For Reader, please post your question to the Adobe Reader forums.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines