6 Replies Latest reply on Jan 26, 2015 6:51 PM by A.T. Romano

HELP! The toolbar at the top of the windows makes Premiere Elements crash!

remie63231668

Hello everyone,

I just bought and installed Premiere Elements 13 on my professional PC.

The installation was OK. But when I use the software, I am completely unable to click on the buttons at the top of the window ("File", "edit", etc). When I click on one of them, the software immediately crashes and does repond anymore!! Then I have to close it with ctrl+Alt+delete...

It's a big issue because I'm not able to use the soft properly and make any movie because of that !! I feel kind of screwed...

I'd appreciated if someone could help.

Thanks. Remi

• 1. Re: HELP! The toolbar at the top of the windows makes Premiere Elements crash!
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Remi

What computer operating system is your Premiere Elements 13 running on?

Let go through the usual drill and then decide what next.

1. Does the problem exist with and without the antivirus and firewall(s) disabled?

2. Are you using a pen and tablet instead of a mouse?

3. Are you running the program as Administrator?

4. Do you have the latest version of QuickTime installed on your computer with Premiere Elements 13?

5. Verify with Device Manage/Display Adapters the name of the video card/graphics card as well as the driver version and date.

Do you have more than one card? Is the video card/graphics card up to date according to the web site of the manufacturer of the card?

6. What is the description of your computer environment? Is the computer optimized...how much installed/available RAM and free hard

drive space? Is your computer on a company or school network?

7. Are there any likely candidates for conflicting software installed on your computer?

Please review and consider.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: HELP! The toolbar at the top of the windows makes Premiere Elements crash!
            remie63231668 Level 1

Hello,

Thanks for your response.

Here are my anwers to your questions:

1. Does the problem exist with and without the antivirus and firewall(s) disabled?

I will investigate that. Will tell you later.

2. Are you using a pen and tablet instead of a mouse?

A mouse. I'm on a laptop PC.

3. Are you running the program as Administrator?

No. But I also tried in the administrator session and the exact same problem occured.

4. Do you have the latest version of QuickTime installed on your computer with Premiere Elements 13?

I don't know. Will investigate.

5. Verify with Device Manage/Display Adapters the name of the video card/graphics card as well as the driver version and date.

Do you have more than one card? Is the video card/graphics card up to date according to the web site of the manufacturer of the card?

I only have one graphics card (Intel(R) HD graphics 4000) and the control panel says it works properly. It's the original card in this laptop so I guess the driver is OK.

6. What is the description of your computer environment? Is the computer optimized...how much installed/available RAM and free hard

drive space? Is your computer on a company or school network?

I have 4Go RAM (3.87 available) and I tried to use the soft with no other soft open, and the same problem occured. So I tink it is not a RAM issue. My free hard drive space is more than 50Go. My computer is on a company network.

7. Are there any likely candidates for conflicting software installed on your computer?

I don't know. Will investigate.

I add that I can use Premiere Elements to manipulate my videos, cut the scenes, add music, etc. I can do everything that does not require to click on the toolbar that is on the top of the window. To be more accurate, the buttons that instantely make the soft crash are:

File, edit, clip, timeline, text, action bar, tools, window, help, Publish+share.

Thanks for your help.

Remi

• 3. Re: HELP! The toolbar at the top of the windows makes Premiere Elements crash!
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Remi

Thanks for the reply with details of your situation. Lots for you to check out either yourself or with the company's IT people. We will be watching

for your follow up on areas that are still unanswered in our Q&A.

1. The company network's security system could be factoring into all this especially if you are involved in program activities that

require administrator privileges.

2. QuickTime is a program requirement and, from all that I have ever read, requires Administrative rights as does Premiere Elements.

Until the issue is resolved I would suggest moving forward in the troubleshooting as Administrator and with the latest version of QuickTime installed on

the same computer with Premiere Elements.

I am not sure how we are going to overcome the network security angle on this since you are in a company network. Here is where we might need

the input/intervention of your IT people.

We will await further follow up.

Thank you.

ATR

• 4. Re: HELP! The toolbar at the top of the windows makes Premiere Elements crash!
                remie63231668 Level 1

Hello,

Ok thanks I'll have a look at it and tell you.

Remi

• 5. Re: HELP! The toolbar at the top of the windows makes Premiere Elements crash!
                  remie63231668 Level 1

Hello,

I checked with th IT service. The antivirus system cannot be changed because it is managed with international rules settled by our headquarters.

Concerning Quicktime, the version I have is 7.7.3.

Thanks

Remi

• 6. Re: HELP! The toolbar at the top of the windows makes Premiere Elements crash!
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

Remi

The issue's symptoms could be the antivirus, but let us not take anything for granted.

If you cannot change the antivirus could you disable it for a short period of time?

If not....

Do you have any other version of Premiere Elements installed on the same computer as

Premiere Elements 13?

For troubleshooting purposes only at this time, you could consider downloading and installing Premiere Elements 11 or 12 and determining if you run into the same issue as 13. Maybe go with 11....

Photoshop Elements 11 Direct Download Links: Free Trials, Premiere | ProDesignTools

Be sure to read and carry out carefully the web site's Note: Very Important Instructions in order to avoid Access Denied message.

Please review and consider.

If you are within 30 days of purchase from Adobe direct and nothing works to resolve the issue, then consider containing Adobe for return/refund. If you purchase from a retailer, then you will be governed by the return/retund policy of the seller.

We will be watching for further developments.

Thanks.

ATR