4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 15, 2015 4:42 PM by mariarose

Lightroom 5.2 radial filter tool doesn't work

mariarose

I recently purchased Lightroom 5.2 and the radial filter tool doesn't work.  Is anyone else having this problem?  Is there a fix for this problem.  Is there any way to get technical support from Adobe or is this a ridiculous question?

• 1. Re: Lightroom 5.2 radial filter tool doesn't work
          Modesto Vega Level 1

How do you know the radial filter doesn't work? What are you trying to do?

• 2. Re: Lightroom 5.2 radial filter tool doesn't work
            RikkFlohr Adobe Community Professional

It is hard to say if it is a ridiculous question as you've provided no real information.  Are you Mac or Windows? Is there a reason you aren't running the latest version 5.7.1. What are your Radial tool settings? Can you share a screenshot of your tool panel and workspace?

• 3. Re: Lightroom 5.2 radial filter tool doesn't work
              mariarose Level 1

Rikk, thank you very much for taking the time to respond to my post sent during a moment of frustration and please accept my apology.  I believe the problem lies with me not knowing how to use the radial filter tool and not the software in this instance.  As I mentioned, I just purchased Lightroom software and I'm in the process of learning.  Last night, my first instance of a software glitch was with the slideshow view not working.  I get a black screen; however, this is the subject for another post.  Subsequently, I was struggling with the radial filter and, initially, I thought this was another glitch; which it is not.  When I went to the Adobe website looking for technical support, I could not find any place where I could call or send an email for tech support to get a question answered.  Instead, Adobe directs customers to this forum where kind people, such as yourself, are willing to help others.  At this point, I was very exasperated.  Again, I sincerely apologize and thank you very much for being willing to help.  Best regards.

• 4. Re: Lightroom 5.2 radial filter tool doesn't work
                mariarose Level 1

Modesto, please see my response to Rikk.  My apologies to you too and thank you for your willingness to help.  Best regards.