2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 15, 2015 11:48 AM by gener7

Photoshop no longer works!

stevem96174229

I have a kosher version of Photoshop CS I have been using for the past few years. However, all of a sudden, the program no longer works. I had a message suggesting I uninstalled/reinstalled the software, which I tried, but upon reinstallation it said my Serial Number is invalid!!

Unfortunately, there are no options to speak with anyone from Adobe, nor is there a contact email for this type of situation.

I'm not a paid Adobe "member" but I assumed that upon spending a large amount of money on the product, I would receive some sort of assistance as and when needed, if only an email address to send a query to.

Unfortunately, Adobe seem to wash their hands of any customers that don't sign up to be a member. Poor show.

• 1. Re: Photoshop no longer works!
          c.pfaffenbichler Level 9

I assumed that upon spending a large amount of money on the product, I would receive some sort of assistance

Would you expect the makers of a power drill or a washing machine to assist you with problems with those machines more than 10 years after you bought them?

Have you even done a Forum search?

Please read this (in particular the section titled "Supply pertinent information for quicker answers"):

http://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-2325

Anyway, the issue might be connected to this

Error: Activation Server Unavailable | CS2, Acrobat 7, Audition 3

in which case you would, as far as I know, be entitled to install Photoshop CS2.

• 2. Re: Photoshop no longer works!
            gener7 Adobe Community Professional & MVP

What has happened is that Adobe retired the activation servers for CS and CS2 leaving those original copies unusable.

I know you are running Windows, because activation was started in CS there.

To their credit, they have made a non activation CS2 available free of charge only to CS and CS2 license holders like yourself.

You simply download the Photoshop CS2 Windows installer and be sure to get the new serial number next to it. Link is at the bottom pf message #1.

Your old copy of CS and its' serial are no longer good.

Go get it, install, and I hope it goes well

Gene