2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 15, 2015 10:52 AM by JimHess

Free Trial Activation

deand87304382

I have a pc and I downloaded the trial for Lr 5 a few months ago and I used my gmail. Now that I am at school I have purchased the software and I wish to license the free trial that i have downloaded. The software that i purchased is associated with my school email and when I input the product key I am unable to unlock the full software. My adobe account is linked to my gmail and I'm not sure how to get around this.

• 1. Re: Free Trial Activation
          dj_paige Level 9

Your activation of the trial has nothing to do with any e-mail account.

If you have purchased the software, you simply enter the serial number that you obtained when you made the purchase into the Trial version of Lightroom, and poof it is no longer a trial, it is the full version.

• 2. Re: Free Trial Activation
            JimHess Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I'm assuming you purchased a student/teacher edition. If you purchased a package there is a little yellow card included instructing you of the procedure you must follow to obtain a serial number. Have you done that? The student/teacher edition does not come with a serial number. You must first validate that you are eligible for the discount.