4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 21, 2015 1:12 PM by mrtorrent

keyframes don't work on adjustment layer

maayanb Level 1

hi,

i'm trying to put camera blur on adjustment layer and animate the position with keyframes but it doesn't work...

somebody knows why?

thank you!
      maayan

• 1. Re: keyframes don't work on adjustment layer
          Kevin-Monahan Adobe Employee

Hi Maayanb,

maayanb wrote:

i'm trying to put camera blur on adjustment layer and animate the position with keyframes but it doesn't work...

somebody knows why?

It's working perfectly for me. Can you describe your process so we can better help you?

Thanks,
          Kevin

• 2. Re: keyframes don't work on adjustment layer
            maayanb Level 1

Hi Kevin,

Thank you for your quick respond

I'm creating a new adjustment layer and apply camera blur on it

now i'm trying to move the layer from right to left using position keyframes

when i put a keyframe the layer "does't want" to move

the numbers in the position effect control are moving but the layer does not.

i tried to do the same in after effects and it works perfectly but i need it in my premiere project...

thank you

maayan

• 3. Re: keyframes don't work on adjustment layer
              DrewPost Level 1

Hi Kevin, seeing similar behavior here. CC (2014) Mac, 10.8.5, 1080p/23.976 sequence with ProRes MOV clips.

I was trying to create a custom transition this way (dip to color w/ blur), that I could drop on a track above footage. I needed this transition in a bunch of places in the edit, so building it into the V1 clips didn't make sense.

Doesn't work. As soon as I applied keyframes to parameters in Fast Blur, Levels, or the core Opacity value, the effect broke - Premiere ignored the keyframes and their values. As soon as I deleted the keyframes it behaved again.

It's also impossible to apply a transition (such as Cross Dissolve) to an adjustment layer: it disables its transparency (and therefore its impact on anything beneath it).

Since it was a short 6-frame transition, I ended up splitting the adjustment layer into 6 single-frame adjustment layer clips, and manually putting in non-keyframed values in each. That worked.

• 4. Re: keyframes don't work on adjustment layer
                mrtorrent Level 1

I ran into the same issue on CC 2015 a couple weeks ago. They always tell everybody to send in a bug report, so make sure you do that: Feature Request/Bug Report Form