1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 15, 2015 1:38 PM by A.T. Romano

Using Safe Margins in PE11 Video Clips

andrew-dd_1937 Level 1
      1. Is it possible to manually resize a video clip in Premiere Elements 11 so that it fits inside the safe margin frame?  If so how do I do this?
      2. Also, is it possible to get rid of video clips' black side bars in PE!!?  If so how how do I do this?

Thank you,

• 1. Re: Using Safe Margins in PE11 Video Clips
          A.T. Romano Level 7

andrew-dd_1937

What computer operating system is your Premiere Elements 11 running?

1. With the Safety Margins on in the Edit area monitor and the video clip selected, scale the image in the monitor to fit the area of interest.

Scaling can be done by clicking on the monitor to bring up the image's bounding box and then dragging on one of the handles of the bounding

box for the scaling.

Tip: Depending on the specification of your TV, you can alter the Safety Margins in Edit Menu/Project Settings/General targeting

Title Safe Area

Action Safe Area

Also, in Applied Effects Tab/Applied Effects Palette/Motion Panel expanded, you can uncheck the option Constrain Proportion so that

you can scale width and height separately.

Scaling can also be done by selecting the Timeline clip and then using the Scale Slider found Applied Effects Tab/Applied Effects Palette/Motion

Panel expanded and its Scale property.

Where are you seeing these black border in Premiere Elements....?

When you first drag your import to the Expert workspace Timeline or some place else. If at export, then you (manually) or the project

(automatically) have not set the correct project preset to match the properties of the source media. So, more information on what is

happening here.

Please let me know if I have interpreted your questions correctly. If not, please more details.

Thanks.

ATR