6 Replies Latest reply on Jan 17, 2015 4:03 PM by A.T. Romano

Uploading edited video

stephyd

If the .prel file is only the editing instructions and the video is in a separate file, how do you upload an edited video to a website of your choosing?

• 1. Re: Uploading edited video
          John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

You "publish/share" your project to a computer video file and then upload that file

The Elements Tutorial Links Page http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1275830 may help

• 2. Re: Uploading edited video
            A.T. Romano Level 7

stephyd

You have asked this type of question yesterday in the thread of another and there are several responses in that other thread waiting for you there. Have you seen them?

.prel to .avi

If not, please review them and let us know your reply in one thread or another.

For now, I would keep the discussion going in the thread that we are in now since this is your own thread.

Thanks.

ATR

• 3. Re: Uploading edited video
              stephyd Level 1

OK - I am very new to ALL of this and there are no instructions or explanations that come with the program and all that I know has come from playing with it. I have no familiarity with these programs. I will attempt to Publish & Share to my Computer and create the type of file I need. Once it is saved on my computer, I should be able to upload it to wherever I want from there - this is my understanding. I will attempt this tomorrow and let you know how it goes. I did respond to the other feed first by accident, but we can continue this on this current feed from now on. I am obviously new to this as well

• 4. Re: Uploading edited video
                A.T. Romano Level 7

stephyd

Thanks for the reply.

For uploading purposes, you need to consider file size as well as the preferred format for the video file. Do you have uploading instructions from the web site to which you want to upload?

Looking forward to your results. Exploration and experimentation are good learning tools. We will help you when you need us.

Best wishes

ATR

• 5. Re: Uploading edited video
                  stephyd Level 1

I was able to get it done! There were a lot of options for how to save it and what to save it as so I tried a few until I found what worked. What worked for me was saving as a wmp file (Windows Media Player) and then I just picked the first option in the next section. It worked so I am going with that for now. I ordered a few books from the Dummies series on your programs so I hope that will help me in the future. For now, I am very grateful for your assistance!! Thank you

• 6. Re: Uploading edited video
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

stephyd

Wonderful news. And, many thanks for sharing the news of your project's success.

Those Windows Media exports (.wmv) are convenient because your export will have a smaller file size than if you had used another category under Publish+Share. File size can be important depending on how you are sharing your project's export.I believe you will do very well because of your instinct to explore and experiment with the program. Great learning tools.

Please let us know when and if we can be of assistance. If what I or anyone else writes is not clear to you, then ask for clarification. Books are great to tell you how

the program should work, but often may not help when the program malfunctions for causes not "by the book".

If your schedule permits, please update us on your progress which is looking very good.

Best wishes

ATR

Add On...We are not Adobe here. I am not affliated with Adobe in any way. Just a visitor in this forum with lots of Premiere Elements information to share.