3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 15, 2015 10:15 PM by JimHess

Why are my images suddenly gone from lightroom?

jdecker1978 Level 1

A few days ago I imported 101 images from an SD card to my Lightroom catalog. The images are still in the two locations they imported to on my hard drive and backup drive. But the folder is suddenly not in my catalog. I had sorted and worked on all of these and really don't want to start over. Any ideas where they may have gone?

• 1. Re: Why are my images suddenly gone from lightroom?
          JimHess Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Not a lot of information. Is it possible you have started a new catalog?

• 2. Re: Why are my images suddenly gone from lightroom?
            jdecker1978 Level 1

Im not really sure what info is necessary...I uploaded to my existing catalog. I store my catalog in my dropbox folder for syncing with my iMac. I am on the road so there is no syncing going on with crappy hotel room wifi, but imported into my existing catalog, choosing my desktop for the destination. And a backup to an external. Today I imported todays pics, and noticed the folder from a few days ago was gone. It still sits on my desktop, and external, but all record of it is gone from lightroom. Searched by file name, etc... I had done edits to the pics and now they are all gone. I have 20,000 photos in lightroom, and have never had this happen.

• 3. Re: Why are my images suddenly gone from lightroom?
              JimHess Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I would check File/Open Recent to see if you have opened a new catalog and your previous catalog is listed. If so, you could choose the previous catalog and maybe that would solve the problem. I'm really not sure what you've done. Don't delete any catalogs or anything because I don't believe you have lost your images. You just have to figure out what has happened. It's late here and I'm waiting for the night. I wish you luck.