3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 16, 2015 3:46 PM by A.T. Romano

Premiere Elements file type for Elements Organiser

kel30

I use PSE13 organiser ( for pictures and movies) and editor. I recently purchased Premiere Elements 13 and have just edited my first movie.

I would like to only access Premiere Elements via the Photoshop Elements organiser, but I am unsure what file type to save my Premiere edited files, so that they can be imported and tagged in the Elements organiser, and also played via the elements organiser.

I only want to run one organiser. Is this possible and what should I be saving my final Premiere files as after editing. ( in the same way that I save a PSD file to a JPG once editing is complete in elements editor.

Thanks

• 1. Re: Premiere Elements file type for Elements Organiser
          A.T. Romano Level 7

kel30

Your choice of export to conform to the support of the Elements Organizer seems limiting to me. But....

If I have a 1080p30 Timeline in Premiere Elements 13 Editor project and export it

Publish+Share

Computer

AVCHD

with Presets = MP4 H.264 1920 x 1080p30

That file saved to the computer hard drive can be taken into the Elements Organizer 13

a. displaying a thumbnail with an image from the video

and

b. can be played back in the Elements Organizer 13 player.

I have not gone through all the export choices to sort out which formats will do likewise. But, this particular AVCHD.mp4 (1920 x 1080p30) result is

as described.

What is your export choice now and is the end product importing into the Elements Organizer 13, displaying there, and playing back from there?

ATR

• 2. Re: Premiere Elements file type for Elements Organiser
            kel30 Level 1

Thanks ATR.  As I said this was my first Premiere elements video and I am not very technical.  I did find the Publish and Save option, and my first choice of MPG file did not import well into Elements Organiser.

Your suggestions of:

AVCHD

with Presets = MP4 H.264 1920 x 1080p30

saved the file very neatly in order to import and play well through elements.  I really appreciate your support in solving my query.

Thanks,

• 3. Re: Premiere Elements file type for Elements Organiser
              A.T. Romano Level 7

kel30

Thanks for the follow up with the wonderful news that the suggestion worked for you regarding Premiere Elements export to file format and

that export's compatibility with the Elements Organizer.

I am putting it on my schedule to go through most of those Publish+Share opportunities relating to this matter.

Please let me know if any questions or need clarification any time.

Best wishes

ATR