9 Replies Latest reply on Jan 19, 2015 12:15 AM by Doc Maik

alternate layout

dorothea.per Level 1

i have a page that i need to add a master page but it includes a line that appears at master pages but not at normal view,
      how can i exclude this one at appearance?

• 1. Re: alternate layout
          Doc Maik Level 4

I had to read your sentence more than three times to halfway get the meaning, but I still need to guess:

You want that line, which is hopefully really a line (object) and not a guide and which is placed on a master page, to be displayed in normal view? That would mean you want to include it, not exclude.

If it is really a line, then open attributes windows and uncheck "No print" (or similar).

• 2. Re: alternate layout
            dorothea.per Level 1

i have this rectangle that i want to show but this yellow line i want

hidden,

i apply this where?

• 3. Re: alternate layout
              dorothea.per Level 1

it is not an attribute issue, this is alternate, cause i can see it at some

pages and at others no,,,

i need at this specific page with the same master as the other pages just

not to see this yellow line

• 4. Re: alternate layout
                Willi Adelberger Most Valuable Participant

I think, we need some clarifications.

As usual, you should inform us always on:

1. OS
                2. Version
                3. Describe the problem in clear language and correct terms, what is, what you have done and what you expect.
                4. Provide us with informative screen shots.

None of them was provided.

• 5. Re: alternate layout
                  dorothea.per Level 1

i am using windows 2007 and working with CS5,

this is an idml file that came from the client,,,

can i hide just a unique object at a unique page??

• 6. Re: alternate layout
                    Willi Adelberger Most Valuable Participant

Screen shot?

• 7. Re: alternate layout
                      Doc Maik Level 4

dorothea.per schrieb:

i am using windows 2007 and working with CS5,

this is an idml file that came from the client,,,

can i hide just a unique object at a unique page??

There are ways, but they're not elegant:

1. You could duplicate the master page with the yellow line, erase the line and apply the 2nd master page to that one normal page where you want to the line to be hidden. Disadvantage: two almost identical master pages, which you need to manage.

2. You could make two dummy master pages, one with the yellow line, one without it and nothing else on both. The real master page, which you want to apply to all pages is then not applied to al the normal pages, but to those two dummy master pages. The one dummy master page without the yellow line is then also only applied to pages where you want the the line to be hidden. Advantage, compared to option 1: If you later change anything on the real master page, it will effect all normal pages.

3. Worst option: apply the master page with the yellow line, then select the page where you want to hide the line and from the Pages panel mini menu select "Override all master page items", which sort of copies all master page content to the normal page, then delete the line

• 8. Re: alternate layout
                        dorothea.per Level 1

the last one was the one i did,,,that was perfect,,ok

• 9. Re: alternate layout
                          Doc Maik Level 4

But keep in mind: once you change the master page, the change is not applied on that page where you applied "Override all master page items". That's why I rated it as worst option.