6 Replies Latest reply on Jan 16, 2015 1:21 PM by Shinjitm

Open PSDX file in photoshop touch

Shinjitm

Hi,

I got myself a tablet with photoshop touch a while ago. Now the tablet is getting really slow, and I want to reset it to factory settings to remove all the accumulated junk. And I would like to keep my images.

I don't have a Creative Cloud subscription, I never needed it. I thought that I would just save the images on the tablet, in psdx format, do a backup, and re-open them in my new and clean photoshop after tablet clean-up. Except that when I browse my tablet to the folder where the images are saved, PS touch doesn't see them, only .jpg images are detected.

So what should I do to save my images. I don't want to save them as jpg, I don't want to lose the layers and mods I have done, and I want to be able to work on them later. Is there any way to get it to work, without spending money on a Creative Cloud subscription ?

Thanks

• 1. Re: Open PSDX file in photoshop touch
          Warunicorn Adobe Community Professional

I thought joining Creative Cloud was still free (unless something's changed)? You get 2 GB of space when joining.

You can export projects in PSDX format and upload them to a service like Dropbox but that might be dependent on device and operating system. (e.g., I have a Google Nexus 7 2013 running Android Lollipop 5.0.1.) However, they only way I've found that PS Touch will "see them" is if they're in Creative Cloud. (Odd, I know. Something for them to figure out, I guess.)

• 2. Re: Open PSDX file in photoshop touch
            Shinjitm Level 1

I can't find anything free there, unfortunately. Or did I miss something ?

If not, I feel a bit cheated. Whoever thought that preventing people from changing device was a good idea made a terrible decision. Why on earth wouldn't I be able to I import my own files on my own device without being charged extra money ?

• 3. Re: Open PSDX file in photoshop touch

I distinctly remember there being a free account.

Instead of downloading the desktop client, what does PS Touch ask you to do if you try connecting to Creative Cloud from within PS Touch?

• 4. Re: Open PSDX file in photoshop touch
                Shinjitm Level 1

When I log in creative cloud from PS touch, it just says unable to connect to server. I suspect it is because, although I have created an account (via the app), there is no storage included.

The only thing I found is this : Creative Cloud pricing and membership plans | Adobe Creative Cloud , where there is no free plan. If there was, that would be a perfectly acceptable solution ...

• 5. Re: Open PSDX file in photoshop touch

That's a known bug/issue with "cannot connect to server". The same thing happens to me when I try to go to browse my folders in CC. (And I have a Creative Cloud Photography subscription.) Oddly, there's no disconnection going on. I can browse the root of my Creative Cloud account; just can't browse beyond that.

If you created an Adobe ID, you should be golden to download the desktop app OR log into Creative Cloud here. (The latter would be easier since there's nothing to install, plus would automatically take you there since you're already logged in here in the forum.)

If you can get in there, what I would do is export the PS Touch projects as PSDXs into something like Dropbox, download them via Dropbox onto your desktop (via Dropbox's app or through their web browser interface which doesn't require installing anything), then upload them into Creative Cloud on your desktop. (Again, using either the CC Desktop App or the web browser interface.)

Then we can all wait while Adobe figures out what in the world is going on with the server error messages we're all getting.  lol 

• 6. Re: Open PSDX file in photoshop touch
                    Shinjitm Level 1

Thanks a lot. Hopefully, I will be able to get my stuff back from CC at some point.

Thank you very much !