2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 2, 2007 8:09 AM by Mojy

Actionscript for designers!!!

Mojy
      Hello there,

I am an experienced graphic designer who also has some educations in Web and Flash design. I know Actionscript a bit but having problems creating the Web sites that I design. I see so many nice Web sites out there that I get inspired, however I also get so frustrated since I am not capable of creating anything like them. I'd like to learn advanced AS, so I can develop whatever I design for a Flash site. Does anyone know what I can do in order to be able to create complicated websites in Flash?

Again, I am not a programmer and not really concerned about developing applications in Flash...
      Is there any good courses in Toronto or any online sources....
      Thanks so much for all your information.
      Cheers,
      Mojan
        • 1. Re: Actionscript for designers!!!
          Level 7
          >>Does anyone know what I can do in order to be able to
          create complicated websites in Flash?

Again, I am not a programmer and not really concerned about developing
          applications in Flash...
          <<

Unfortunately you're somewhat contradicting yourself here. A complex website
          can be quite the same as an 'application'. If you're more interested in
          doing complex tweens and timed animations, I'd suggest you look into the
          Fuse Kit from www.mosessupposes.com If, on the other hand, you're wanting to
          develop websites that interact with a database or use other dynamic content
          you're going to need to learn some programming - in both ActionScript & PHP
          or even ASP - but I suggest PHP because you could use AMFPHP and Flash
          Remoting to communicate with your server. I'm not sure what book to suggest,
          but there's plenty of tutorials online.

--
          Dave -
          Head Developer
          www.blurredistinction.com
          Adobe Community Expert
          http://www.adobe.com/communities/experts/

• 2. Re: Actionscript for designers!!!
            Mojy Level 1
            Hello Dave,
            Thanks for your response.
            Perhaps you're right. There is one thing that I really don't understand... if this application is for designers or developers or for both? I'm sure a designer can do a lot if Flash still could help them by some ready to use coding or something, like previous versions...And of course developers can develop a lot of complicated applications through Flash but they never can create sophisticated designs and layouts.

As I said before I tried to learn some programming since I love Flash and wanted to be an expert in it...but it was too hard for me to remember all these coding stuff and I also had no interest of learning them. However I got familiar with some coding like PHP, SQL and ColdFusion but I forgot all about them since I haven't been using them. I've checked some courses in AS but they're all about creating applications and not complicated designs. When I talk about design perspective they show me some basic topics in As which I know already...

I'll try this Fuse application to see if it can, hopefully, help me out.

Thanks so much.
            Mojan