3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 31, 2015 12:08 PM by POLVP

2014 Multicam bug

editjeffg

Playback with a multicam timeline in 2014 can skip, stutter and hang. Our project worked perfectly fine before we updated to 2014. A bug occurs when changing a shot. Double clicking a multicam clip on the timeline, which loaded the five cameras being used, into the source monitor. Changing the camera for one of our clips, and it didn't matter what clip was used, began a playback issue. Playback in the sequence began to stutter and skip. Playback progressively gets worse if you try to ignore the problem too.

WORKAROUND: If a multicam clip is loaded into the source montitor, be sure to (Close All), in the source monitor. Thereby clearing out the cams that were loaded into the source monitor. We seem to have had success with playback in our multicam sequence and hopefully your playback will be nice and smooth again too.

Have a great day!

J

• 1. Re: 2014 Multicam bug
          Kevin-Monahan Adobe Employee

Hi Jeff,

editjeffg wrote:

Playback with a multicam timeline in 2014 can skip, stutter and hang.

There are now 3 versions of "2014," 8.0, 8.1, and now 8.2. Are you saying that you were on 7.2.2 and now you're on 8.2? You can find info on the version in "About Premiere Pro."

editjeffg wrote:

Our project worked perfectly fine before we updated to 2014.

In the future, please try to avoid updating any project midway through it. It's best to complete a project in a single version of Premiere Pro. Same goes with OS. Don't update that until your project is complete.

editjeffg wrote:

A bug occurs when changing a shot. Double clicking a multicam clip on the timeline, which loaded the five cameras being used, into the source monitor. Changing the camera for one of our clips, and it didn't matter what clip was used, began a playback issue. Playback in the sequence began to stutter and skip. Playback progressively gets worse if you try to ignore the problem too.

Does the same problem happen with a brand new project and not one that you updated?

editjeffg wrote:

WORKAROUND: If a multicam clip is loaded into the source montitor, be sure to (Close All), in the source monitor. Thereby clearing out the cams that were loaded into the source monitor. We seem to have had success with playback in our multicam sequence and hopefully your playback will be nice and smooth again too.

Thanks for that. I will add this to my troubleshooting notes.

Regards,

Kevin

• 2. Re: 2014 Multicam bug
            editjeffg Level 1

Hi Kevin,

We are on 8.1 on a mac.

>>Does the same problem happen with a brand new project and not one that you updated?

Yes. I neglected to include that we did start a new project and brought the elements into that new project. The original project was set to ProRes 422HQ. The new project worked fine with the sequence set to I-Frame. We're using mp4 files. Everything continued to work in Speedgrade as well. When it was time to render, we rendered to ProRes 422HQ. It was only after getting the list of shot changes and making those changes that stuttering began again. We cleared the renders and switched back to I-frame, but the problem continued. Once we (close all) in the source monitor the timeline began to play smoothly again.

J

• 3. Re: 2014 Multicam bug
              POLVP Level 1

Same issue with a very high end machine.  Didn't have this problem before but it has now cost me money on a delivery schedule.  Fix it adobe or start giving refunds for the time the bug exists to CC members that subscribe to it.