7 Replies Latest reply on Jan 17, 2015 3:51 PM by A.T. Romano

Trouble Rendering

thejohnnys Level 1

I am having trouble rendering my project. It starts to render but stops at 4% and just hangs there. I am using Premiere Elements 11 and Windows 7. It has been working fine as I went along with my project rendering along the way. I am almost done with the project I just need to render it and then burn to DVD. I added some still photos at the end and it is there that perhaps the problem is. I can't get it to go from "orange" to "green" on the timeline where the pictures are. In the preview mode the pictures do not look very clear because I can't get it to render. I wonder if they will look ok if I just burn the project now? Any suggestions? Thanks, Bob

• 1. Re: Trouble Rendering
          A.T. Romano Level 7

thejohnnys

Is there an orange line specifically over the area that you want to render?

Do the gray tabs of the Work Area Bar span the whole area to be rendered?

Render.JPG

The screenshot should give you an idea where everything is, especially those gray tabs of the Work Area Bar.

Please let us know the outcome.

Thanks.

ATR

• 2. Re: Trouble Rendering
            thejohnnys Level 1

First off thank you for helping me. The answer is yes to both questions. I double checked and then tried to render with the same results. The area I need to have rendered is at the very end of my project. The orange line is right above it. The grey tab is also at the end of my project. Bob

• 3. Re: Trouble Rendering
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Bob

Just in case...could you hit the End Key of the computer to get to the Timeline Indicator to the end of the last item on the Premiere Elements Timeline item.

Then hold down the Alt key as you press the right bracket key. Then try your Timeline rendering again.

Just in case...you do not need to render the Timeline. It just gives you a preview which enables to catch a problem sooner than later. Unless

there is an urgent previewing need, this matter should not block you from moving on to Publish+Share and your burn to.

What is this item that is resisting being Timeline rendered...video or still?

If you have been there and done that already for the above, then please excuse the suggestions. I did not want to take anything for granted.

We will be watching for your progress as you schedule permits.

Thanks.

ATR

• 4. Re: Trouble Rendering
                thejohnnys Level 1

Hello,

I did hit the End Key. I am not sure where the right bracket key is. Is it two places after the "p" key on the keyboard? Could you show me? It is still photos on the timeline that appears to be giving me trouble. I did burn a copy and it is pretty good but some of the still photographs I believe from past experience could look a little better. I can live with it but I am pretty sure they would look better if I could render the  still photographs. Thank you for your time. I will look for your reply. Thanks again, Bob

• 5. Re: Trouble Rendering
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Bob

Thanks for the reply.

The right bracket key looks like ] and is as you said going...p and [  and ] with the caps lock not on.

What is the duration for the area of the Timeline at the end where it is not rendering? Are frames, seconds, or minutes involved? Do you have anything on an upper track above the photos?

If everything is on one track, can you move the photo(s) to the track above, provided there is nothing there already so that you do not have to move things around? If you do this,

does it render in that same position but on a different track?

I will watch for your comments in the morning and try to figure out what is happening.

Thanks for the follow up.

ATR

• 6. Re: Trouble Rendering
                    thejohnnys Level 1

Hi,

Some good news to report. I took your suggestion about moving the troubled section to a different track. The part that was not rendering was a few still pictures with a dissolve transition between them. By moving them to Video 2 the still photos rendered but the transitions did not but I am fine with that. The project looks fine now. I am quite pleased. I can not thank you enough for you help. Life is Good! Bob

• 7. Re: Trouble Rendering
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

Bob

Thanks for exploring all the troubleshooting suggestions. So very glad your issue is resolved and your project looks good. Great job of follow through.

Best wishes moving forward with your Premiere Elements projects. Please let us know when and if you need an assist.

ATR