4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 19, 2015 3:01 PM by gleifsson

Subject: Printing from Lightroom 5 to Canon pro 100 printer?

gleifsson

Does somone have experience printing from Lightroom 5 to Canon pro 100 printer? If I print from Lightroom 5 through Canon´s Print studio pro or directly from Lightroom letting the printer manage the color I get a print which is very near the colors which I see on my display (which is recently calibrated). But if I choose the ICC profile in Lightroom and disable color management in the printer driver, I get colors which are a not as they should be, especially the red color which has a strange hue. Could you possibly have some idea what the reason could be. I used Photopaper Pro luster from canon and the relevant icc profile from canon.

• 1. Re: Subject: Printing from Lightroom 5 to Canon pro 100 printer?
          JimHess Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Are you sure you are disabling color management in the printer driver? I have that printer. I can print with Print Studio Pro, or from Lightroom with Lightroom managing the color or the printer managing the color, and I get prints than match very well.

• 2. Re: Subject: Printing from Lightroom 5 to Canon pro 100 printer?
            gleifsson Level 1

Thank you Jim for your answer. When I first let Lightroom control printing and disabled color management in the printer driver than the preview from the printer driver had very strange color hue and especially the red and orange colors from the print itself were not as they should be. After that I looked just looked at the preview which was always strange and I did not keep on printing the picture because I didn´t want to wast more paper. Than after reading your answer I went again through the process and took care of saving everything correctly when disabling the color management in the printer driver. After that the print looked very good (although the preview was always showing strange colors), so maybe I did not save it correctly in the beginning. 

• 3. Re: Subject: Printing from Lightroom 5 to Canon pro 100 printer?
              JimHess Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I cannot remember where I read this. But somewhere in the back of my mind I remember reading on another forum to not be concerned with the print preview in the printer driver. I have never used it. I have printed with having Lightroom manage the color as well as letting the printer manage the color, and I haven't been able to see any difference in the prints. Either way works just fine. I do soft proof using Lightroom. But I don't use the print preview feature in the printer driver.

• 4. Re: Subject: Printing from Lightroom 5 to Canon pro 100 printer?
                gleifsson Level 1

Thanks Jim. It seems all to be working fine now. I´m just ignoring the printer driver.