3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 16, 2015 4:09 PM by A.T. Romano

Adjusting UI Font Size or Colors for a Legally Blind User

TSnowCrash

I just purchased Adobe Premiere Elements 13, and am having a bit of an issue seeing some of the things in the UI.  I am legally blind, but see well enough for most things.  However, the fonts on my installation seem to be quite small, and the light gray background with dark fonts is a bit difficult for me to see.  I'm hoping there is a way to adjust these settings, I've looked through the preferences but did not see anything that would let me adjust these types of things.  Is there any way to make fonts bigger, or at least change colors of the UI? I'm comfortable with editing hidden settings, or even the registry if I must.

• 1. Re: Adjusting UI Font Size or Colors for a Legally Blind User
          A.T. Romano Level 7

tsnowcrash

The adjustments that might help should be found in the Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit computer operating system Control Panel/Display.

On what computer operating system is your Premiere Elements 13 running?

display.jpg

Premiere Elements does not have preferences to deal with customizing the program's workspaces for better viewing.

I am not sure if there are agencies that have special equipment to deal with better viewing issues such as this.

ATR

• 2. Re: Adjusting UI Font Size or Colors for a Legally Blind User
            TSnowCrash Level 1

I am running windows 7 64bit.  I already have the fonts set to large.  I may have to deal with the small elements in the UI then.  Thanks for you help at least I know I didn't miss something.

• 3. Re: Adjusting UI Font Size or Colors for a Legally Blind User
              A.T. Romano Level 7

TSnowCrash

I doubt if it will give an immediate fix to the issue, but you could file an Adobe Feature Request/Bug Report Form asking for the type of user interface control that you seek.

The link is not available at the moment. I will post it as soon as it is if you are interested in it. Or you can do a Google Search for Adobe Feature Request/Bug Report Form.

In Premiere Elements 4, 7, and 8.0/8.0.1, there was an Edit Menu/Preferences/User Interface choice which essentially dealt with brightness control for the User Interface.

Version 4

4 UI.JPG

Version 7

7 UI.JPG

Version 8.0/8.0.1

8 IU.JPG

In versions 9.0/9.0.1, 10, 11, 12, and 13, this preference is gone.

ATR