9 Replies Latest reply on Jun 18, 2015 11:22 PM by skiingchik

Licensing key

Hillary Meredith

I had to wipe my MacBook Pro OS 10.9.1 (Mavericks).  I want to do a clean install, but found that I only have licensing keys for older versions of LR.  How do I get my licensing key for LR 5.7?

Thanks, in advance,

Hillary

• 1. Re: Licensing key
          JimHess Adobe Community Professional & MVP

If you took the time to register Lightroom 5 with Adobe, you can log into your Adobe account and get the serial number.

• 2. Re: Licensing key
            skiingchik

I register my products, but my old version is NOT showing up under my account.  I disabled an email years ago, and it could be associated with that one.  Doesn't help me now, however.

I still need to find my older version serial number.  I have the original packaging and serial number for LR 4, which is the version I have been using for some time.

• 3. Re: Licensing key
              ssprengel Adobe Community Professional & MVP

You can still log in to an Adobe ID with an old e-mail even if the e-mail, itself, doesn't work, unless you don't know the password on that old account then you are stuck.

LR 5.7.1 is a relatively new version of LR and it would have the same serial number as LR 5.0.0.  What do you mean when you say you need to find your older serial number?  In other words, what LR serial numbers do you have--don't post them, here, of course.

• 4. Re: Licensing key
                skiingchik Level 1

When I open the program, a dialogue box comes up asking for two serial numbers.  LR 4 and the previous version.

• 5. Re: Licensing key
                  skiingchik Level 1

If you can't use the program until you register it, why is there no record of it with Adobe?  Also, I purchased it through them.

• 6. Re: Licensing key
                    Keith_Reeder Level 4

skiingchik wrote:

When I open the program, a dialogue box comes up asking for two serial numbers.  LR 4 and the previous version.

Which means you're installing an UPGRADE version - did you have a previous version licence?

• 7. Re: Licensing key
                      Keith_Reeder Level 4

skiingchik wrote:

If you can't use the program until you register it, why is there no record of it with Adobe?  Also, I purchased it through them.

You don't need to register it to use the program. But doing so means that there's a record of it somewhere.

Have you had a proper look at your account? There should be something in your purchases,

Anyway - this might help:

Preference and other file locations in Lightroom 5

• 8. Re: Licensing key
                        skiingchik Level 1

Yes, it is an upgrade.  I have all my things in storage where I pulled the current version and box out of today (it was no easy task).  I did not think for a minute that I would need the old one.

I was on "chat" with Adobe tonight -- waiting for OVER AN HOUR and then spent a useless 30 minutes reiterating the same information over and over to the agent "helping" me only to have him tell me nothing.  I had an older email associated with the account but don't remember the password.  I had bought the CS5 with the previous version and he could see it on the other account.  I asked him to link them, which his response was, "It won't help your problem."  So I guess he didn't bother!

I have the CS5 original disc and serial number, but not the LR number.

Thanks for the information, but since my hard drive was wiped clean, there is no place to find the serial number on my computer.