6 Replies Latest reply on Apr 17, 2015 4:43 PM by Stephen Barrante

Cineware plugin issues in 13.2, error 25 :: 101

Stephen Barrante Level 1

Using Cineware 2.0 for the first time in release 13.2. First I create a new Cineware project in AE, which launches Cinema 4D r16 Lite. When I go back to AE and drag the c4d file to the new composition, I can't access the Effect settings. Upon selection I repeatedly get this error (see image):

After Effect error: Error during event PF_Cmg_EVENT

Code (PF_Err_INTERNAL_STRUCT_DAMAGED) :  GlobalData

image was nullptr during DrawEvent

(512) (25 :: 101)

ae-error.jpg

• 1. Re: Cineware plugin issues in 13.2, error 25 :: 101
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

Well, do the comp and render output settings in the C4D file match? This looks like the old "scen must be comp size" warning in disquise... Otehrwise one would need to know more about your scene and your comp as well as your system.

Mylenium

• 2. Re: Cineware plugin issues in 13.2, error 25 :: 101
            Stephen Barrante Level 1

All I did was to create a new Project. No comp. Went to New > MAXON C4D ... Which launches C4D lite, etc...

Returned back to AE and dragged the C4D file down to the New Composition icon, which I figured would setup a composition to match the C4D file specs.

I didn't get very far past that point.

I'm running 13.2 on Mac OS 10.9.5, Mac Pro 2013 Dual D500's.

• 3. Re: Cineware plugin issues in 13.2, error 25 :: 101
              mcheungy

I'm seeing this same error doing the same thing. I'm actually now in a loop where the error is coming up and every time I select OK it pops up again. Have to force AE to close. The exact time of the error popping up for me was at the attempt (and failure) of drawing the Cineware logo in the effect panel for the C4D layer.

Mac Book Pro 13 inch - 2014 model.

• 4. Re: Cineware plugin issues in 13.2, error 25 :: 101
                Stephen Barrante Level 1

Took a break on this, and thought I'd give it another shot. I dropped a quick 1920x1080/30 clip into comp. Camera tracked it. Then I created a new MAXON C4D file. Ensured that the Render setting for the C4D file are the same length and spec. Round-tripped that back to Ae and as soon as I load the C4D file into the comp, I get stuck in that error loop.

I would have expected that to just work. But I must be missing an "obvious" step. Can someone shed some light on this?

• 5. Re: Cineware plugin issues in 13.2, error 25 :: 101
                  Stephen Barrante Level 1

Add to my recent response..

I followed the procedure to Export using the Maxon C4D exporter to get the camera / null, etc... data into C4D. Opened up, all the data migrated over fine. Then loaded the C4D file back into AE and once again, it keeps getting stuck in that loop.

I'm using a full version of C4D R14 for this. Is that a problem? Side note, how do I tell AE to use C4D lite instead (so I can test that?)

• 6. Re: Cineware plugin issues in 13.2, error 25 :: 101
                    Stephen Barrante Level 1

(Apparently I can't edit an existing response, sorry for the multi-posts)

I renamed my MAXON folder so it would force AE to open up C4D Lite. I have the latest release installed, updated, etc.

1) Create new AE Project

2) Create new MAXON C4D Project

3) Opens up file in C4D Lite

4) Add a cube

5) Change scene settings to something more standard, 1280x720/30, 5 seconds long.

6) Save C4D and return to AE

7) Add C4D asset from project panel to "New Composition" icon

8) As soon as C4D plugin tries to load I get the exact same error (25 :: 101) and get stuck in a loop. If I'm lucky I can sneak in a Delete key and clear the layer out before the next alert.

This is bogus.