5 Replies Latest reply on Jan 17, 2015 2:35 AM by Keith_Reeder

LR vs LR mobile

barbsandaiko

hi,

I have installed LR onto my new iMac at home, but it says "get started on 'LR mobile' ".

I have 'LR mobile' on my laptop already, which I downloaded and installed as a trial first before payment.

How can I change the 'LR mobile' on my iMac to be just normal 'LR', or does it not matter?

Is there a difference between 'LR' and 'LR mobile'?

• 1. Re: LR vs LR mobile
          areohbee Level 5

In upper left corner (under the main menu bar), click the triangle that appears when you mouse over the "identity plate" (where it says "get started on 'LR mobile' "), then you can change it.

• 2. Re: LR vs LR mobile
            barbsandaiko Level 1

Thanks very much, I thought I'd installed the wrong app but it was just the identity plate.

Thanks again

• 3. Re: LR vs LR mobile
              areohbee Level 5

That's what I thought too at first .

I guess Adobe was pretty-darn stoked about Lr mobile when they finally finished it .

• 4. Re: LR vs LR mobile
                john beardsworth Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Do you understand that Lightroom Mobile is a relatively new addition to Lightroom, an app that runs on the iPad and iPhone? It doesn't sound like you do - you simply cannot "have 'LR mobile' on my laptop already" - and it would be sad if you were misled into disabling something you might find useful.

Lightroom Mobile is something different, an iPad/iPhone app, and enabling it allows you to sync pictures directly from your computer to an iPad and iPhone. You can then show pictures, make changes or add ratings/flags on the iOS device when you're away from your computer, on the train, for example. Those changes automatically sync back to your computer.

The Get Started message allows you to set up this round trip workflow.

• 5. Re: LR vs LR mobile
                  Keith_Reeder Level 4

john beardsworth wrote:

Do you understand that Lightroom Mobile is a relatively new addition to Lightroom, an app that runs on the iPad and iPhone?

And Android phones.