7 Replies Latest reply on Jan 19, 2015 4:19 PM by A.T. Romano

PremElem12 - Trying 2 upload 2 YouTube via Social Websites option...Adobe wants to manage my YouTube account...WHY???

PanFanGuy

Wanted to try this option direct as YouTube is totally degrading some video i've uploaded otherwise.

Thought that by going direct into YouTube from my PremElem12 workspace it might improve.

So i go to "Publish & Share" option then "Social Websites" then "Upload to YouTube" then "authorization" which proceeds to a page that says:

Photoshop and Adobe Premier Elements Uploader

would like to:

-View your email address

-View your basic profile info

-Manage your YouTube account

cancel / accept

Am so frustrated now with PremElem12 as to WHY i would want Adobe to "Manage my YouTube account"...are they serious???

WHY??? No way Adobe are you going to "manage" my YouTube account!

Am so envious of people who somehow manage to get crystal-clear quality video on YouTube at 360-quality...let alone the crap i end up with at 720 and above.

Obviously they aren't using Adobe PremElements products.

Even when i render at the highest possible quality it still turns out like crap on YouTube.

Can anyone recommend a good video editor that will allow me to upload direct into YouTube without "managing" my account like Adobe wants to???

Many thanks for any suggestions / assistance / ideas...truly appreciate your time and input!

• 1. Re: PremElem12 - Trying 2 upload 2 YouTube via Social Websites option...Adobe wants to manage my YouTube account...WHY???
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Pan

I have been using versions of Premiere Elements with the YouTube feature for several years and have not run into that message to date.

Are you allowed to continue with your upload to YouTube from within Premiere Elements if you click Cancel to the message that you are receiving?

What have you been doing...exporting your Premiere Elements Timeline to a file saved to the computer hard drive and then uploading that file to YouTube

at the YouTube web site? And, not so good results? We could talk Premiere Elements project setting, properties of source media, and export settings

if you want to improve that situation.

I doubt you would get different results using Premiere Elements feature than you would with the file upload to YouTube at the YouTube web site. I would

think that you would have more quality control over what you appear to be doing.

What is the duration of your videos...more than 2.0 GB/15 minutes, or less. If more than that, you cannot use the Premiere Elements feature even if you

have an extended time account at YouTube web site. Those extended time accounts are for use at the YouTube web site, not for setting up the Premiere

Elements feature.

If you want to discuss this further, please supply more details as indicated above, and we will try to help you.

ATR

• 2. Re: PremElem12 - Trying 2 upload 2 YouTube via Social Websites option...Adobe wants to manage my YouTube account...WHY???
            A.T. Romano Level 7

Pan

I forgot to mention...this is not Adobe. Rather a user to user forum.

ATR

• 3. Re: PremElem12 - Trying 2 upload 2 YouTube via Social Websites option...Adobe wants to manage my YouTube account...WHY???
              PanFanGuy Level 1

Hi A.T.

Thanks much for reaching out...truly appreciated!

When i click "cancel" i get the following message:

Access Denied

Photoshop®/Adobe® Premiere® Elements cannot publish

to your YouTube account since it was denied access.

PHOTOSHOP® AND ADOBE® PREMIERE® ELEMENTS UPLOADER

Yes you are correct that i render the timeline and then it exports to a saved file on my computer and then i upload my video through my YouTube Video Manager at the YT web site. With mixed results and mostly degradation. What brought me here was the last video i uploaded at the highest quality i could get out of PremElem that essentially matched what the "YouTube" preset was gonna be that i was trying to use (but denied access per above). It was a 350mb upload and it still turned out like junk on YT. 

My video duration is never over 8-10 minutes and most fall in the 3 minute to 6 minute range. I shoot local Music acts (mostly bands) and then will post individual songs or a 4-6 song edited compilation mix. Honestly i have to say that i got better quality with my Flip software than most anything PremElem has ever delivered. I would think that PremElem could at least match that somehow.

I'm shooting a Sony cam @ HD 24p or 60p depending on the lighting and stage action.

I see some incredibly sharp crystal clear definition video out there on YT that comes in at 360p auto quality that i can't even match at the high quality upload i send to YT.

I wish i knew why...maybe you do.

Many thanks again for taking a moment of your time and sharing your expertise.

Best,

Pan

• 4. Re: PremElem12 - Trying 2 upload 2 YouTube via Social Websites option...Adobe wants to manage my YouTube account...WHY???
                A.T. Romano Level 7

Pan

While I try to figure out (if I can) why you are getting that Photoshop and Adobe Premiere Elements Uploader message, let us try to make progress with the

Premiere Elements 12/12.1 YouTube feature within the program.

If you have 1920 x 1080p24 footage, then set the Premiere Elements 12/12.1 project preset manually before you import the source into the project. To

do that...

Open Premiere Elements 12/12.1 to its Expert workspace, go to File Menu/New/Project and Change Settings

In the Change Settings area, change the project preset to

NTSC

DSLR

1080p

DSLR 1080p24

When finished, OK of of there to next meet the new project dialog. In the new project dialog, make sure that there is a check mark next to "Force Selected Project Setting on This

Project". Then OK out of there.

Back in the Expert workspace, import your 1920 x 1080p24 using the project's Add Media/Files and Folders/Project Assets from where you drag the file to the

Timeline Video 1/Audio 1.

When you are ready to export, use

Publish+Share

Computer

AVCHD

with Presets = MP4 - H.264 1920 x 1080p24.

Name the export and set the Save In location for the export.

Then upload the saved AVCHD.MP4 file to YouTube at the YouTube web site.

Before any of the above, if you have not already, make sure you update Premiere Elements 12 to 12.1 from within an opened project's Help Menu/Update.

Review the YouTube Advanced Setting document

Advanced encoding settings - YouTube Help

If I have not asked before - are you using the same account at YouTube web site as you are within the Premiere Elements 12/12.1 feature?

Have you reviewed your computer's security features?

ATR

• 5. Re: PremElem12 - Trying 2 upload 2 YouTube via Social Websites option...Adobe wants to manage my YouTube account...WHY???
                  PanFanGuy Level 1

Hi A.T.

I can't thank you enough for taking your time and responding to me.

I will proceed with your suggestions.

Just a few Q's...

1) I hope i didn't confuse you by saying Sony Cam...it's actually a Sony video-cam. Does that make a difference in your suggestion of changing settings to DSLR? (digital single lens reflex?)

2) Also if i'm shooting at 60p shouldn't i make my settings 60p (if there is one) or does that matter?

3) Do i have to make those settings manually everytime i do an editing project or can i set them for good?

4) After reviewing some of my recent YouTube uploads...i've actually found that the higher quality video is there if i adjust the YouTube player to show it in that higher quality...but how do i get YouTube to play it that way initially without having my clients having to adjust their YouTube player settings?

I only have one YouTube upload account. Why PE12 wants to "manage" it for me i have no idea. I have never been able to access it through the PE12 feature because i don't want to "accept". All my uploads i export from my computer files through my YouTube account upload process in Video Manager.

Many thanks again...

• 6. Re: PremElem12 - Trying 2 upload 2 YouTube via Social Websites option...Adobe wants to manage my YouTube account...WHY???
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

Pan

Thanks for the reply.

For settings, I was going by what you wrote earlier

I'm shooting a Sony cam @ HD 24p or 60p depending on the lighting and stage action.

If you want to use the 1920 x 1080 @ 60 progressive frames per second footage, then change the settings manually to

NTSC

AVCHD

AVCHD 1080p60

If you want to use the 1920 x 1080 @ 24 progressive frames per second, then change the settings manually (as I wrote before) to

NTSC
                    DSLR

1080p

DSLR 1080p24

For setting the project preset correctly, it has got to be you or the project. If the project messes up, it will not give you the closest to

what it should be but rather its default which

NTSC

AVCHD

Full HD1080i30.

The program is supposed to give you the correct project preset based on its analysis of your video properties. It does not always.

If you find it is doing it right, then let the project set the project preset. To verify what has been set by you or the project, see

Edit Menu/Project Settings/General and the readings for Editing Mode, Timebase, Frame Size, and Pixel Aspect Ratio even if

the field look grayed out.

Bottom line: there is no way to lock in one project preset from new project to new project.

ATR

• 7. Re: PremElem12 - Trying 2 upload 2 YouTube via Social Websites option...Adobe wants to manage my YouTube account...WHY???
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

Pan

Interesting latest development.

I have been working signed into Premiere Elements 13's YouTube feature. I decided to sign out so that I would have to go through the authorization process when I signed in again.

I received "greetings" from the Photoshop and Adobe Premiere Elements Uploader, but all it wanted was my permission for uploading to YouTube.

It made no mention of managing anything. Just accept or cancel. I hit accept, and all got authorized. I did leave unchecked the option in that area

that read "This app still has access to your account when your account device is turned off."

Let us see what you run into when you upload the Premiere Elements file export to YouTube at the YouTube web site.

ATR