0 Replies Latest reply on Jan 17, 2015 5:40 AM by rkstuetz

Considering Purchase of Wacom Cintiq 27 HD Touch - Questions about Touch Functionality in Lightroom 5 & Photoshop CS6

rkstuetz

I am considering purchase of a Wacom Cintiq 27 HD Touch monitor. I have a few questions relative to two Adobe programs and their use of "touch" functionality - Lightroom 5.7 and Photoshop CS6 running on Windows 7.

1. Have the problems related to touch functionality in Photoshop CS6 and Lightroom 5 been resolved that you see on this and Wacom's forums from a year ago?

2. If so, is there enough value gained via touch functionality in Lightroom 5 and Photoshop CS6 to warrant the $500 difference in price between the Cintiq 27 HD vs HD Touch? (I realize that this is a subjective question based on the abundance of one's cash.)

3. I plan to stay with CS6 as long as humanly possible to avoid a monthly software subscription, BUT I do wonder if purchasing the HD Touch now may provide additional touch functionality in future versions of these software products that are not currently available. (So this is a pie in the sky sort of question.)

Thanks,

Kent